STAFF MEMBER
Car(s)
Audi TT '08 (Sold) S8 '02 (Sold)
Race information

Laps - 66
Circuit length - 4.655 km (2.892 mi)
Race length - 307.104 km (190.825 mi)
Number of times held - 49

Most wins (drivers) Michael Schumacher (6)
Most wins (constructors) Ferrari (11)

F1 TIMETABLE (local time)

Fri 08 May 2009
Friday Practice 1 10:00 - 11:30
Friday Practice 2 14:00 - 15:30

Sat 09 May 2009
Saturday Practice 11:00 - 12:00
Qualifying 14:00

Sun 10 May 2009
Race 14:00

Official website

https://pic.armedcats.net/t/te/techz/2009/04/26/Clipboard01.jpg

800px-Catalunya.svg.png

Questions! (thanks to Devon)

1) Who will take Pole and who will win the Race?
2) How many races do you think Nelson Piquet has left until Renault get rid of him?
3) Will the updates Ferrari introduce in Spain give them a big performance boost?
4) Will Robert Kubica and score his first points for the season?
5) Finishing positions for Buemi, Rosberg and Heidfeld?
6) How many safety car interventions will be needed during the race?
7) How many teams will run KERS?

Last edited:
This race will truly establish this season's pecking order. But, to be honest, the other teams will now probably need a miracle to properly catch Brawn.

My prediction for this one would be another win for Jenson, but another mighty battle for the podium between today's suspects (Vettel, Trulli, Hamilton, maybe add Webber, Kimi and Alonso into the mix if they're lucky or if the development parts work properly).

I predict BMW at the back...I really do...Yeah really it's our year to lead the caboose..

Where are the bloody questions? :p

Vettel, Jenson for podium finish. That's my guess.

Kimi will score some more valuable points.

Last edited:
This race will truly establish this season's pecking order. But, to be honest, the other teams will now probably need a miracle to properly catch Brawn.

I dont think so. I think today proved that Brawn are indeed catchable. If Button didn't manage to get past Hamilton at the end of lap one as he did and Lewis settled down and found his rhythm, then I think it would've been a lot closer with Vettel possibly taking the win. All the teams have major upgrades scheduled for Bahrain, but I think McLaren and Red bull have the most development potential - look how much ground McLaren have made up in four races already.

I predict Vettel will win in Spain with Button, Webber, the Toyotas and Hamilton close behind. Maybe a Ferrari or a Renault can tag onto the back of that lot as well.

I dont think so. I think today proved that Brawn are indeed catchable. If Button didn't manage to get past Hamilton at the end of lap one as he did and Lewis settled down and found his rhythm, then I think it would've been a lot closer with Vettel possibly taking the win. All the teams have major upgrades scheduled for Bahrain, but I think McLaren and Red bull have the most development potential - look how much ground McLaren have made up in four races already.

I said "properly catchable", as in "caught on pace and overtaken in the WDC/WCC rankings".

Well in that context you're most likely right. It'll be a long shot because Brawn have established such a big points lead, and there's no other team that can properly challenge. Red Bull and Toyota are taking points off each other and when you enter a Hamilton McLaren or a Massa Ferrari (and eventually you will) then the problem gets worse.

The only way the championship will be won by someone other that Button is if they get onto a winning streak SOON. If McLaren start winning by Monaco, for example, they can still take the championship if they dominate. But I doubt anyone will dominate with the closeness of cars these days...

I predict Button will lose his lead by 5 points every race. Lewis will win in Spain and Brawns will be unable to do anything about it. At least I like to think so.

They said they'd be winning by Spain, but there are more and more comments from both Lewis and Martin saying that it will probably take longer than that (2-3 races). I'm not sure that's quick enough.

It was early here so i barely remember, lol, but i think i recall Jenson saying in the post-race interview they'd have several improvements to the car for Barcelona.

It was early here so i barely remember, lol, but i think i recall Jenson saying in the post-race interview they'd have several improvements to the car for Barcelona.

The commentators said they have new sidepods, front wing, rear wing and floor.

All Im pretty sure of is that it will be a mind numbingly boring race like it always has been in Spain.

Red button was quite good today - they had an interesting chat with Ross Brawn. Anyhoo

I think that this is a KERS circuit lets see how they go here.

Last edited:
I really hope to see some valuable improvements to the F60 and Kimi on the podium.

I will literally be in tears if I can see Kimi on the podium. But right now the hope is kind of far fetched with the current pace of Ferrari.

I totally see the races becoming more eventful here. Jensen for pole!

Kimi on podium? no way, he isnt even considering it. Most teams are looking forward to new parts on their cars but Ferrari arent talking about this much. I think they were very lucky 2day and its not going to repeat in 2 weeks. I was laughing today when Massa was in 12th and still had to pit :clap:

I expect everyone on the field to get much stronger in this race. McLaren say they won't be on the podium until another 2-3 races, but with how Hamilton has been performing lately I do not see why he can't be on the podium in Spain.

As for Kimi and Ferrari, I still think a podium is unlikely, but hopefully with new parts they'll perform much better. The F60 certainly looked slightly more manageable than what it was in China.