2009 Spanish Formula 1 Grand Prix

I can probably bet that stint was done on used soft tires. That could explain the slow pace in that stint.

It was, but that point was brought up on somewhere else, and all the other drivers who used used softs were doing the same times on them as they were on fresh tyres. It also wouldn't explain why he was so slow compared to Button in the last stint. The problem was either Rubens driving, or some other car issue.

I was just listening to BBC5live chequered flag podcast and Button said that the team originally put him on a 2 stop to help Rubens.

Something fishy indeed going on.

I was just listening to BBC5live chequered flag podcast and Button said that the team originally put him on a 2 stop to help Rubens.

Something fishy indeed going on.

That was on TV and both me and Peter3hg mentioned it a page or two ago.
There is nothing fishy going on. Rubens drove the worst 3rd stint of the year (if one believes him, cause of bad tires), that ruined the race for him. If Vettel would have gotten past Massa (or if Massa would have had a decent race pace) we would have seen one of the following podiums:
1. Vettel
2. Jenson
3. Rubens

1. Massa
2. Vettel
3. Jenson

It was not Ross Brawn fucking up Rubens, it was Rubens (or his tires) almost ruining Brawn GP's weekend. If Massa would not have help up Vettel, Brawn GP would have had a real problem.

Last edited:
Kimi said he couldn't see the start lights from the back of the grid because the rear wing of the car in front was in the way. Pretty ridiculous, and strange that no one else has brought this up.

Worst excuse ever. :p

:lol: Where did he say that?

Peter Windsor said that on SpeedTV after he interviewed him.

BBC also mentioned Kimi saying that and they said other drivers had also complained about it.

Just re-watched the pre-podium footage... Webbo's "Felipe f***ed..." and his reaction when he realised that he was being filmed was pure gold. :lol::lol::lol: Oops...

Just re-watched the pre-podium footage... Webbo's "Felipe f***ed..." and his reaction when he realised that he was being filmed was pure gold. :lol::lol::lol: Oops...

That was the part that was cut out on my tv recording in australia. stupid ******* tv company, cant do ****

Any chance of something on youtube?

Ahaha, I love how he just trails off and pretends he was never saying anything. Then becomes very focused on drying his head with the towel. "Mark's not here man!"

No point apologising to Australia though, we were at an ad break (as usual)!

BBC also mentioned Kimi saying that and they said other drivers had also complained about it.

Yeah, Kimi got really well off the line so he wasn't just making a bad excuse, just something he pointed out in the BBC (i guess? not sure which stream i was watching) interview. Pretty silly case.

About Kimi, didn't we see that he never used his KERS when trying to pass heidfeld? Everyone was assuming it was broken - yet he stated everything worked fine except for the throttle at the end. Was he just neglecting to use it or was the FOM onboard busted? It never did seem like he got a boost out of the final corner.

They also showed Lewis on the straight behind Kubica and the KERS bar didnt go down. I think the graphics didnt work.

They also showed Lewis on the straight behind Kubica and the KERS bar didnt go down. I think the graphics didnt work.

It did work actually. At least on Massa's onboard shot. Although it appears from the onboard telemetry that Massa didn't use his KERS off the line to jump Vettel.

Pushed off onto the gravel at T2 after a very bad start, tried rallycrossing over it but spun into Sutil's path and smashed up the front end of his car.

Yup, he could have and should have stopped it in the gravel trap. It was far too dangerous coming back to the race track when there are number of cars busy having a scrap at the back. I'm actually rather surprised that Trulli didn't get penalised for the incident, there are numerous of onboard footage from various drivers that indicate Trulli clearly drove the car back on track, instead of catching a tank slapper and was thrown back on the race track by the pendulum effect.

Last edited:
Yup, he could have and should have stopped it in the gravel trap. It was far too dangerous coming back to the race track when there are number of cars busy having a scrap at the back. I'm actually rather surprised that Trulli didn't get penalised for the incident, there are numerous of onboard footage from various drivers that indicate Trulli clearly drove the car back on track, instead of catching a tank slapper and was thrown back on the race track by the pendulum effect.

I guess its very much a heat of the moment part, everyone is fighting for points, and if you can get them you will. You're a racer, you get what I mean dont you?

I excuse Jarno. When you go off like that, especially in the start of the race, your heartrate is about 220 and all you're thinking is "road - fast - road - fast!"

Brake pedal might as well not exist at that point.

I excuse Jarno. When you go off like that, especially in the start of the race, your heartrate is about 220 and all you're thinking is "road - fast - road - fast!"

Brake pedal might as well not exist at that point.

Coming from a rookie maybe, definetely not something I would expect from Trulli though.