2009 Spanish Formula 1 Grand Prix

God race for Button, always strong but given the car most would be. Rubbens was fucked by his team. They say 3 stop was the fastest strategy but it also involves overtaking on the track and with this stupid track thats just not possible. Why not just stick with the same strategy as Button, they had almost the same amount of fuel and Button was behind. If anything its Button who had to look for ways to overtake Rubbens.

Ferrari clowns are back, I was surprised Massa managed to bring that car to the finish at all. Too bad for Kimi, nothing he could do. Even with KERS and he couldnt overtake Heidfeld. That just shows how shit this track is once again.

Piquet didnt spin but he fucked up in a different way by sending Hamilton off on the grass. That pretty much ruined Lewis' race. I actually thought Mclaren will go with 1 stop strategy, was suprised with option tires at his pit stop. Kovi needs to leave F1, he's not very fast and he attracts bad luck.

Does anybody know how many overtakes we had during the race? I know alonso tried and failed, so did Kimi, Hamilton I think overtood Glock once but thats all I remember. If we didnt have Rubbens strategy, Ferrari Clowns and a crash this would be the most boring race this season.

Too bad for Kimi, nothing he could do. Even with KERS and he couldnt overtake Heidfeld. That just shows how shit this track is once again.

His KERS was broken.

Rubens didn't get fucked, Brawn explained after the race that they had planned on having Rubens win the race, and they expected the 3 stop strategy to be fastest - problem is, Barrichello was noticably slower on his second set of tires than they had calculated with - somewhere around 0,5 and 1 full second off the pace. So either Rubens ruined it himself or he had a fault on either tires or car.

Kimi's KERS wasn't functioning. So that was just a hindrance throughout the race. The refueling system didn't work so Massa didn't get enough fuel.. Ferrari have made some stupid decisions, but they're certainly not on a lucky streak either.

Let me be a bit patriotic:

Watching Massa draging his car to the finish line was fucking miserable. After all his efforts holding back Vettel and then practically giving his position to Alonso. Yes, on a team aspect, that was the correct thing to do: finish and make points than have a hell of a fight with Vettel and not finish. But boy, that hurted to watch.

Barrichello move onto the first position was brave, but "his strategy", shit. As a team, obviously, they will prefer the one that's leading the championship and the second place is a bonus to show the team dominance. I have nothing against Button. He is doing brilliant so far and seems very down to Earth, also not being a dick or arrogant in any way. But again, as a Brazilian, hand on my heart, that hurted as well...

Good job by Button, strategy won him the race.
Barrichello was clearly disappointed, he thought he would win this.
Good pace and strategy by Webber too, I'm glad to see him at the podium.
Vettel's race was lost behind Massa, he showed in the last few laps how fast he could have been.
Great job by Alonso, he was lapping very fast towards the end of the race.
Ferrari, oh dear.
McLaren was just invisible.
BMW, well, better than last time... Good 7th place by Nick.
At least a point for Rosberg, more than nothing.

Piquet didnt spin but he fucked up in a different way by sending Hamilton off on the grass.

He was defending his racing line. He had every right to do that. From what I could see there was no contact, Hamilton was just forced to move to the edge of the track as he had no space.

I'm shocked there's still the level of racism there is in Spain. Anyone who saw the BBC coverage saw the spectator who darkened his skin and played around with a fake steering wheel acting like a complete monkey. The FIA need to act if something like this happens any more.

Last edited:
Kimi after leaving the car said KERS was fine.
Rubbens was slower on his last stint but even if he wasnt he would still have to overtake Button on the track.
Piquet was defending his position but forcing Lewis off the track is dirty play. Last year in Japan Lewis was given a penalty for forcing a few cars to run wide at the first corner and he didnt make contact but here piquet got nothing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jrGcQtwVIi4
funny video

Last edited:
Piquet was defending his position but forcing Lewis off the track is dirty play. Last year in Japan Lewis was given a penalty for forcing a few cars to run wide at the first corner and he didnt make contact but here piquet got nothing.

There was contact, see here:

[YOUTUBE]LixCxxbMBqg[/YOUTUBE]

Hamilton outbreaked himself, went in too deep and forced a few cars to go wide with him. That's completely different from what Piquet did which was just maintaining his line on the straight. You can't just expect him to move over.

Last edited:
^ I cant really see where Lewis made contact but even if he did he was on the inside anyway. Piquet can defend his line but Lewis was alongside him, not behind so turning right knowing somebody is there is just wrong.

Kimi after leaving the car said KERS was fine.
Rubbens was slower on his last stint but even if he wasnt he would still have to overtake Button on the track.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jrGcQtwVIi4
funny video

As far as i know, it was Rubens' second stint that was too slow.. Had he had the pace they were expecting, he wouldn't have ended up behind Button in his last stint.

Really, I thought he was like .7 faster every lap but only did no more than 15 laps

^ I cant really see where Lewis made contact but even if he did he was on the inside anyway. Piquet can defend his line but Lewis was alongside him, not behind so turning right knowing somebody is there is just wrong.

My mistake, it looked like contact from the onboard footage. I don't think Piquet turned right, someone needs to upload a video on Youtube so we can have a look.

Really, I thought he was like .7 faster every lap but only did no more than 15 laps

I am not completely sure, i don't have the lap times..

But i just read that he was encouraged to go faster by the team during his second stint.. Which would indicate that he wasn't as fast as he was supossed to be..

Evidently Buttons strategy was only changed because a 3 stop would have had him end up behind Rosberg at some point.. And they didn't want to risc having him held back.

Lewis was completely out of order, he went wide on the first two corners. Its just reckless out breaking attempts.

I am not completely sure, i don't have the lap times..

But i just read that he was encouraged to go faster by the team during his second stint.. Which would indicate that he wasn't as fast as he was supossed to be..

Evidently Buttons strategy was only changed because a 3 stop would have had him end up behind Rosberg at some point.. And they didn't want to risc having him held back.

I dont think they were meant to have 25sec gap. Rubbens pushed hard and it his times were very good compared to Button. They hoped to gain 15 sec before pit stop and then 10sec after since they would both be on prime but Rubbens would have fresh tires. I dont know I'm just trying to figure out what their plans were. Still the safest option would be to stick to Buttons strategy.

Lewis was completely out of order, he went wide on the first two corners. Its just reckless out breaking attempts.

So he got a penalty for getting a braking point wrong? how many times we see that in F1 and only Lewis got a penalty. Anyway penalty is a penalty so no need to talk about it and its all over anyway.

Rubens second stint:

21 1:23.569
22 1:23.352
23 1:23.354
24 1:23.288
25 1:23.377
26 1:23.009
27 1:23.004
28 1:22.762
29 1:22.780
30 1:22.829

Average: 1:23.132

Rubens 3rd stint.

33 1:24.097
34 1:23.906
35 1:23.731
36 1:23.895
37 1:23.558
38 1:24.055
39 1:23.491
40 1:23.911
41 1:23.653
42 1:23.916
43 1:23.861
44 1:23.517
45 1:23.382
46 1:23.594
47 1:23.683
48 1:23.536
49 1:23.385

Average: 1:23.716

The fuel loads were similar as he had come in early in the second stint due to traffic. He was just too slow in the 3rd stint. If he did lap times similar to his first stint he would have been 10 seconds further up the road, enough to get him out ahead of Button. The strategy didn't fuck him up, it was simply his pace in the 3rd stint (whether that was due to his driving or a car problem).

Last edited:
Can you post Button's times as well because condition of the track change everytime, maybe temperature fell...

Can you post Button's times as well because condition of the track change everytime, maybe temperature fell...

There isn't much point as Buttons fuel was completely different but sure. His times do increase slightly towards the end (maybe .2 above what you might expect) but this would easily be explained by the fact that he had had softs on for a very long stint.

21 1:24.200
22 1:24.172
23 1:24.256
24 1:24.125
25 1:24.124
26 1:24.142
27 1:23.757
28 1:23.607
29 1:23.646
30 1:23.368
31 1:23.460
32 1:23.890