2009 World Superbike

That is incorrect - like the MotoGP, nearly all the WSBK rounds are aired live, you need Fox sports to watch it or visit a pub when its on.

Obviously I was speaking about Free to Air :)

I wish Haga was back at Yamaha.

I met him at a press do when he was a young pup - he couldn't speak a word or English, I couldn't speak any Japanese. No idea what we talked about, but we had a good laugh anyway!

Come on everyone don't let this thread die. This is the only interesting motor racing series in the world.

Anyways. Last race was epic. I was there at Assen and it was really great to be there. I was at the stand where Spies crashed the second race. To bad he crashed though. Would've made the title race interesting again if he won it... I think Nori is to much ahead now to be caught, he will now win it on consistency. It's Spies that has to take the fight to him, to get a shot at the crown and that's something he isn't used to anymore after 3 straight AMA titles.
One great thing is that it will make for some great racing as he tries to get close to Nori.

The Supersport race was also great to watch with a great winner. Hope Laverty get's some more podiums.

I dunno I think Nori can be caught the season is still very young...

Look at 2002 with Edwards chasing Bayliss. That was epic.

Just watched the first race from Monza! Crash in the first chicane and an exciting finish!!

Good thing he redeemed Yamaha in the second race!

^ Your boy Max will be out for a while...(taken from the clinica mobile website)

In the first corner after the WSB Monza race 1 start, five riders were involved in a pile-up and were then hit by their bikes. As we said on other occasions, this occurrence makes the traumatology of track accidents very similar to that of everyday road accidents.

Makoto Tamada suffered a left wrist fracture, set at Clinica Mobile. The Japanese rider might race again in the US round. Brandon Roberts was hospitalised for more in-depth checks and continues to be monitored but fortunately, he only suffered multiple contusions because the X-ray examinations that were performed later in the day ruled out the possibility of fractures.

Max Neukirchner?s condition is more serious: he suffered a displaced, multiple fragmented fracture of his femur 3rd medial segment and a right foot fracture. A forefoot dislocation had been set at the circuit Medical Centre before the rider was referred to the Monza hospital.

Neukirchner was also diagnosed with double fracture of his right leg fibula.

A surgical procedure was scheduled for late last night as the insertion of a pin is necessary to set the femur fracture. The fibular and foot fracture may not need any treatment.

If fate smiles on him, Neukirchner might go back to racing at Misano.

In race 2, Noriyuki Haga was involved in a curious but extremely dangerous accident when he hit some flying birds at high speed while fighting for the race lead. He fortunately only suffered heavy contusions treated at Clinica Mobile.

Great finish to race one, although Spies must have been gutted.

Race two was a little strung out, nice to see Spies and Yamaha atone for their race one blunder with a lack of fuel. Haga must have rubbed against Spies to have such bad luck in race 2.

^I think they need to do something about the first chicane at monza if they are going to continue racing bikes there..

^I think they need to do something about the first chicane at monza if they are going to continue racing bikes there..

Yeah, get rid of it.

Damn what a freaking weekend by Spies. He's climbin back edwards style!!

The WSB is blown wide open again!!! I think Spies will be champ this year!

yeah what a comeback he has started!!!

SPIES!!!!! In the championship lead!!!!

SPIES!!!!! In the championship lead!!!!

I'm really excited about this. This seems to be the only circuit so far that Spies hasn't been able to dominate at.
Its a bummer Haga got taken out. It should would make for a much closer Championship race.

The final two rounds will be quite amazing.

Too bad my plans to attend the last round at Portimao fell through. Instead I'll be in the UK, visiting a friend.

Just got to find a pub showing the races live :)

Last edited:
The final two rounds will be quite amazing.

Too bad my plans to attend the last round at Portimao fell through. Instead I'll be in the UK, visiting a friend.

Just got to find a pub showing the races live :)

I think pretty much anywhere would have them live. I remember when I lived in Italy, La Sete would show WSBK live even when the races were at night local time....i.e. at Phillip Island. You should have no trouble in England!

PS that sucks you can't make it to Portimao! I've just played it on the WSBK games and it is ONNNNNEEEEE nice track!

PS that sucks you can't make it to Portimao! I've just played it on the WSBK games and it is ONNNNNEEEEE nice track!

Lucky you, SBK09 was not released (yet) in North America, so I was only able to get the demo (by creating a fake European xbox live account), and the demo only has Kyalami (still an amazing track).

Lucky you, SBK09 was not released (yet) in North America, so I was only able to get the demo (by creating a fake European xbox live account), and the demo only has Kyalami (still an amazing track).

Oh... I have it for PC...

There's no issue with region specific things when it comes to the computer :D

That's how I have Richard Burns Rally and all that good stuff! Just buy it from Europe!