2010 Buick LaCrosse/Invicta Spy Shots-Information

To be honest the only Buicks which have interested me that were wrought in my lifetime were the Grand Nationals and The B-Body Roadmaster. I'll just wait until Buick goes nuts and makes a supped up muscle car out of the blue again as they tend to do once in a while.

We'll probably have to wait another 20 years, Buick thinks the "Super" Lucerne and LaCrosse are good enough to be counted as their serious performance cars for this generation. Damn shame that's the best they could (or were allowed to) come up with.

The front resembles the new Accord, while the back is straight from the Lexus ES. The interior looks great, but that's about it. It's just another Buick (a big disappointment compared to the old B Body Roadmasters). It's too front wheel drive and lacks individualism to be a proper American barge.

I think it looks pretty damned good.

Maybe irrelevant, but I rented a corrent LaCrosse about two years ago. It was a surprisingly tolerable car. It's slightly dowdy, but extremely quiet, downright comfortable and great on the highway. Also, Buicks are generally bulletproof. If they can continue their great quality reputation, update the car with a fully modern chassis and engine, I think they'll have a competitive car.

The problem is that by 2010 other great options will be available for the same money. The G35, TL and ES350 aren't going to be sitting on their laurels. The G8 GPX might be a credible domestic competitor. Who knows what else is out there as well.

It's too front wheel drive and lacks individualism to be a proper American barge.
:nod: When I think of an Invicta, I see this ...
1961-Buick-Invicta-custom-wheels-ggr.jpg

At least, like Hiro11 noted, Buicks seem to have a reputation for reliability. My grandmas owned Buicks as long as I've been alive, and I can never remember her having any problems. She drives 15-20k miles a year too. That's not to say I don't wish they'd start building cars in the spirit that they did in the '60s. If that makes any sense :?.

When I think of an Invicta, I see this: The Invicta S1

TorqueOmata4147.jpg

Baring this in mind, wouldn't it be a trademark violation if GM uses the model designation "Invicta" on a Buick?

No, because Buick used the name Invicta decades before this company ever did. I don't know GM licesned the name Invicta to these people or if GM just doesn't know or care about them.

No, because Buick used the name Invicta decades before this company ever did. I don't know GM licesned the name Invicta to these people or if GM just doesn't know or care about them.
No, definately not. The british sportscar maker Invicta has been around (on and off) since 1925...

Oh? Well then you're guess is as good as mine.

:stupid:
I think it might be like the Porsche/Peugeot conflict over the 901 model designation, back in 1963.

Porsche was originally going to restart their model designations and count from zero, 9 was the only first prefix available, so they decided to call their (then) new car the 901. But then Peugeot's legal departement came along and said that they had the exclusive french rights to any model designation with three numbers and a zero in the middle, and threatened with a lawsuit if Porsche tried to sell their new car as the 901 in France. So rather than giving it a special designation for the french market Porsche, then changed the name to 911 and in return they were allowed to keep their racing car designations; 904, 906, 907 and oddly the 908 which was launched after the 910 and this little skirmish.

This might be similar, as long as GM has no plans selling the Buick Invicta (if they call it that) in Europe or more specifically in the UK, I doubt that the Invicta car company can be bothered.

Last edited:
I looked around and apparently Buick re-trademarked the name Invicta a couple years ago.

Look at the actual size of the vehicle, though. Points to note are: size compared to the wheel arches, and height compared to the man in the image.

This is most definitely an BMW X6 "fighter" -- that is, another crossover sedan.

Blech.

Steve

I think it's more Ford Taurus competitor (high roofline, blandish) than an X6 (stupid idea/execution of a car).

Whatever it is, it's probably for China only since that's the only market Buick seem to give a rats ass about these days.

What does that have to do with the original question? Manufacturers use car platforms to make jacked up look-alike SUV's all the time (ie: Mitsubishi Endeavor)

What does that have to do with the original question? Manufacturers use car platforms to make jacked up look-alike SUV's all the time (ie: Mitsubishi Endeavor)

Ford do it quite successfully with the territory

Subaru did that with the Forester, Toyota's Rav4 is based on the Corolla platform, and the Murano is based on the Altima platform. I could go on for ages...

The Epsilon II is not scheduled to be used on any SUVs, GM already has Theta and Theta Premium for that. In addition, Buick already has the Enclave. I can tell you with 100% certainty that the LaCrosse/Invicta will be a traditional sedan.