2010 Camaro "Transformers" Special Edition Announced

A7XFan22

Source: Motor Authority
Written By: Nelson Ireson

transformers_camaro_main_630-0722-630x360.jpg

The Transformers movies have been one of the major co-branding successes of recent years, and General Motors is using it for all it's worth, today releasing a new 2010 Chevrolet Camaro TRANSFORMERS Special Edition.

Exclusively an appearance package, the TRANSFORMERS kit can be had on both the LT and SS models. It focuses on a black stripes on yellow layout - like the Bumblebee Camaro from the movies - and also includes an AUTOBOT shield on both door panels, the wheel caps and embroidered into the center console. Transformers logos on the side sill plates and embedded into the black rally stripes complete the look.

Orders for the car are now open. The RS appearance package can also be added to the TRANSFORMERS car for even more visual accent.

Read up on the 2010 Chevrolet Camaro - including our review of the SS - if you're not already familiar with its many trims and options, or check out some of the Transformers-GM tie-ups from the past year.

2010_chevrolet_camaro_transformers_special_edition_002-0722-950x650.jpg

2010_chevrolet_camaro_transformers_special_edition_003-0722-950x650.jpg

2010_chevrolet_camaro_transformers_special_edition_004-0722-950x650.jpg

2010_chevrolet_camaro_transformers_special_edition_005-0722-950x650.jpg

2010_chevrolet_camaro_transformers_special_edition_006-0722-950x650.jpg

2010_chevrolet_camaro_transformers_special_edition_007-0722-950x650.jpg

2010_chevrolet_camaro_transformers_special_edition_008-0722-950x650.jpg

Who the hell would buy this?

NOOOOOO!!!.jpg

Last edited:
So will this one have brake calipers or no?

Well, the car doesn't look bad at all, but who would want to pay a premium to be allowed to advertise a movie? It's immensely cheesy.

That's really sad.

What next, Vauxhall Astra Nurburgring edition? No wait, that's been done too.

Yeah, if it doesn't transform in to a robot they can keep it.

Right.
Here is the conversation at the dealership

dealer: "Hello, welcome to Chevrolet, how can we screw you over today help you today?"
Customer: "Well, I was thinking of a Camaro"
Dealer: "Why don't you try an Aveo? It comes in the same yellow as the Camaro"
Customer: "No, I want the Camaro. Where are they?"
Dealer: "They are over here. Just to let you know, we are raping you adjusting the prices to market demand. You have to pay an extra $10000 above MSRP"
Customer: "Ok. I actually have $11000. Is there anything you can add to the Camaro to make me use all my money?"
Dealer: "Well, we have a version that will make you look like a complete tool. It has some gay transformer badges on it and it costs an extra grand"
Customer: "Sweet!!! Where do I sign? Wait. I need to check the camaro checklist made by Camaro5"
Dealer: "Well, we can't let you look at it. You can only buy it."
Customer: "Thats fine. This camaro has been 5 years in development. Nothing will go wrong anyway"
paperwork signed
Dealer: "Enjoy your car sucker"

And on the way home, the customer realizes that one of the transformer badges was glued on upside down, making him look like even more of a tool.

Last edited:
I liked it in the first picture. Then I realised it was covered in silly logos. Transformers, well at least the old cartoon, was great, but this takes fandom too far.

That said, I would drive a Barricade replica. That was cool.

Transformers-MustangBarricade.jpg

Can I just have a normal Camaro? Please?

Had a look on the Chevrolet website, this costs $995 USD.

I like the stripes (Though I believe you can order those separately anyways), but everything else is garbage.