2010 Canadian Grand Prix

Killer race. I mean action non stop.

RB with their tyre choices? Damn. I spoze from a laymans view it should have worked, but then again there is more to it I suppose and Mclaren have been doing this for a long time!

TR leading a race was a giggle tho!

Full credit goes to Mclaren tho. Great strategy and great drives by LH and JB. Well done guys!

MSC......(insert nasty comment here)

Damned traffic. :(

And i think McLaren lucked out with the fine, could have been heavier but it's the steward's call.

Lastly, boo to Red Bull Racing, i don't think Webber's gearbox is shot.

It was a great race indeed and it's strange that a race can be dictated by the tyres. I really thought Webber had it with the primes to options, but probably not good enough to last the whole race. Again, good strategies by Mclaren (Red Bull should learn from them) and it paid off.

By the way, why was Nicole carrying a child? :blink:

To keep along with the Le Mans mood, would you guys say Audi is to McLaren as Peugeot is to Red Bull?

EDIT: Anyone who watched the FOX coverage in the US, did you not have any sound for the first few laps?

The Pug had RB sponsorship on it, IIRC ?

Anyone can confirm ?

watched the race, but didn't read the whole thread, but can i bring this up again? at first sight it wasn't much discussed

So that's what all that showboating/pushing was all about.

Lewis Hamilton was fined and reprimanded by the Canadian Grand Prix stewards following qualifying for the Montreal event.

Right after securing pole position, Hamilton was instructed by his McLaren team to stop the car on track as he was nearly out of fuel and some of it was still needed for the sample for the post-qualifying inspection.

Hamilton stopped his engine but kept his car moving while he seated on top of it as he celebrated his first pole of the year. He then got out of the car and started pushing it.

The stewards deemed Hamilton had exceeded the maximum time set to return to the pits after the end of qualifying, and the Briton was fined USD10,000 and given a reprimand.

during the race, belgian commenters picked this up, and stated it might be quite a precedence. teams that normally would only be on the 3rd or 4th row, would most likely be more than happy to pay 10 000$ to slide a row forward by doing the qualy on ulta low fuel levels, and we might see it happen again in the future...

what do you think?

during the race, belgian commenters picked this up, and stated it might be quite a precedence. teams that normally would only be on the 3rd or 4th row, would most likely be more than happy to pay 10 000$ to slide a row forward by doing the qualy on ulta low fuel levels, and we might see it happen again in the future...

what do you think?

The rule has been clarified since then, and if the cars run dry and the teams are found to deliberately short-fuel them, they'll be in trouble.

What an amazing race! My only regret is that I was so busy this weekend, I didn't take advantage of the fact that it was in my town at all. Didn't go downtown to see the action, didn't even watch the race live :(

Has the BBC started using "Hocus Pocus" by Focus as a background for the race summary at the end of the F1 Forum or am i mistaken?

I wonder if mark would have walked away with it again in Canuckistan if not for the gearbox shenanigans.

Good to see the annual boat race has been revived, even if it was only Williams and Lotus taking part. Love the sabotage attempt about 2 mins in :p

Great race weekend. Montreal is so awesome the entire time, though it's a long drive from me haha

Didn't exactly enjoy the final result, but that's a personal fan thing.

On a side note I got to meet Bruno Senna (HRT was staying in the same hotel as me). Nice guy, shame I didn't have my camera/phone on me (who takes that stuff into the hotel elevator at 10pm when you're going to get ice? haha)