2010 European Grand Prix

Kobayashi sticking one on Alonso! :lmao:

congrats to vettel and awsome driving by kobayashi

looking forward to reading about the investigations now

Well done from Koboyashi.

If Button gets a 20 second penalty he will keep 3rd. If he gets 30 seconds he will finish 5th.

Now I guess we wait for the true results...:rolleyes:

Button finished over 25 seconds ahead of Alonso so he should be safe if there's any penalty applied.

Button finished over 25 seconds ahead of Alonso so he should be safe if there's any penalty applied.

I don't think he was 25 ahead of Kobayashi, though. And Kobayashi wasn't investigated.

narf, please tell me that's not a vuvuzela smiley gif you have there!!!

Oh FFS! Save it for a couple of hours for when you've knocked us out of a major football tournament. Again.

Oh FFS! Save it for a couple of hours for when you've knocked us out of a major football tournament. Again.

While I fully agree with you there :lol: right now I'm celebrating Vettel - celebrating the German win in football can turn out to be embarrassing :)

Fuck you Alonso. Worry about your own race, or you'll have backmarker teams overtaking you in the race.... oh wait, hold on. Tosser. I don't mind him wanting Lewis to be investigated, but after that point, let it go. Made me cringe when he was going on about "What position was he before, and what position is he now?", with his engineer whining about how unfair it was. Wankers.

GO KAMUI!!!! Amazing banzai moves after his pistop. His overtake on Alonso was awesome, made all the better by the fact that it was on.... Alonso :p.

Lewis needs to go back and read the safety car rulebook. He didn't actually know what he was supposed to do, as you could see, and lost out because of it.

Thanks, Mark Webber, for allowing McLaren to finish 2-3 (and I'm glad you're okay, but it's not good to expect anyone to move out of the way for free if you're fighting for position, mate). Unfortunate and scary looking accident.

Congrats to Vettel, though I am felt wanting for more, seeing Hamilton's pace through the race :p.

As far as damage limitation is concerned, McLaren had a great race.

Looks like we're going to have to wait till after the investigation to see how the Virtualsports pans out.

Now it's time for me to watch the Germans thrash the English again :lol:.

Catch you guys later, it wasn't a bad race to watch, but I am, no doubt, biased. I'd rather Webber had won, than Vettel, though, if a Red Bull had to win.

To be honest, I can't see FIA handing penalties to all those drivers. Kinda reminds me of a WTCC race a year or two back where two thirds of the cars on the grid were deemed illegal after the race and in the end FIA couldn't be bothered to hand out penalties, only a note that in the future similar cases would not escape penalty.

However, I hope FIA will concede that the current safety car procedure does not work and take steps to improve it. And hopefully they'd just take a look at how NASCAR does it because, quite frankly, they go through these situations ten times more often and still manage to avoid controversy every time.

Fuck you Alonso. Worry about your own race

Same thing applies to Lewis, he should worry about his own race instead of going unnecessarily slow to stop Alonso from going past the safety car.

I support neither drivers on this. Alonso is a pussy, and Lewis pulled a Schumacher-esque move there, and even got away with it.

I'll restrict my post-race comments to this: I wonder how many trees Webber thought he saw beyond the guardrail while somewhat repeating his Mercedes CLR double aerobatics.

I believe that they will either give a 20 second, 30 second penalty or a grid drop.

WTF Ferrari? Pull your damn finger out and make the car faster!!! And with every race I get more tired with Massa being ''mystified'' over lack of pace. I like the guy, would defend him, but he is being shit.

I'm not going to comment on the whole SC-Alonso-Hamilton-lolwut situation, since whatever I say is going to be flamed, so have a nice day. I'm off to see the football match.

GO GERMANY!

25 seconds is the standard after race penalty.

The 2000 Brazilian Grand Prix had several of the top finishing cars with illegal front wings due to excessive wearing on the circuit but only Coulthard was penalised because his was worn more than the others, and the FIA decided to take no further action as it would've made a mockery of the results.

I think they'll be reprimanded but no penalty, surely.

narf said:
Same thing applies to Lewis, he should worry about his own race instead of going unnecessarily slow to stop Alonso from going past the safety car.

I dont think he did it deliberately he simply wasn't sure what to do. His instinct was to back off when he saw the silver car next to him.

Last edited: