2010 European Grand Prix

Either a Red Bull or Ferrari will win the race, unless one or the other breaks down and Hamilton all of a sudden comes out of nowhere, with Button trailing behind him.

Why would Hamilton have to come out of nowhere when he is already ahead of the Ferraris? He has a much better chance of winning than either Ferrari in my eyes.

Im surprised Hamilton was able to qualify so well. It wasn't even his best lap given he was on for a quicker one before he messed up that corner. Button claims he was on for fourth as well before mucking his effort up. The Ferraris looked messy and slow and Mercedes didn't even bother rocking up. Hard to see anyone other than a Red Bull winning it unless something unusual happens within the first couple of corners, and that's not altogether impossible given their recent history :p.

The Red Bull will fuck this up some way. I predict a McLaren 1-2.

1 - How long will you last before falling asleep during the race?
2 - How many times will Jonathan Legard say 'push on', 'round the corner', 'up/down the hill', etc :p
3 - yaaaaaaawwwwnnnnnnn...zzz, I can't do anymore I'm bored just thinking about the damn place :p

1. It's on at 5:00am my time, with England vs. Germany on straight afterwards. I'll probably wake up to watch it but might fall right back asleep after a few laps.
2. Over nine thousand!
3. Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz. I'm glad this race is in the middle of the World Cup rather than anything else.

Im surprised Hamilton was able to qualify so well. It wasn't even his best lap given he was on for a quicker one before he messed up that corner. Button claims he was on for fourth as well before mucking his effort up. The Ferraris looked messy and slow and Mercedes didn't even bother rocking up. Hard to see anyone other than a Red Bull winning it unless something unusual happens within the first couple of corners, and that's not altogether impossible given their recent history :p.

Lewis was only quicker in the first sector of the lap with the lock up. In sector 2, he was 2 tenths down, and was going into McLaren's weakest sector on the track.

Fair enough. Still, it's a great achievement on a circuit McLaren weren't expected to feature given the strength of the Red Bulls and supposed pace of the Ferraris. I dont see why he shouldn't get third and Button will probably do his usual trick of somehow moving through the field from a lowly grid position and end up fourth or fifth :p.

BBC played the Mid-week motorsport opening song during their little montage at the end of qualy and all I could think of is how much they make fun of Legard.

Still think this was a good idea Schumi? :lol:

I won't be watching the race, but I will check various places online every so often just in case something vaguely interesting happens, like aliens landing at the circuit, or Spanish fans start rioting after Hamilton punts Alonso off the track, you know. Or (hopefully not) someone has a bad accident or something.

I won't be watching the race, but I will check various places online every so often just in case something vaguely interesting happens, like aliens landing at the circuit, or Spanish fans start rioting after Hamilton punts Alonso off the track, you know. Or (hopefully not) someone has a bad accident or something.

I'm actually going to have a good night's sleep, hoping I wake up at the right time to download and watch new TG, as I'm out all day tomorrow. I hope Webber keeps up with them because I hope this isn't the beginning of his bad luck (or at least a continuation of it)

...well you never know! :D

However, I did stock up on the booze for this one.....its probably going to help (after the first corner that is!)

Hey, for some stupid reason American television is delaying the broadcast of this race by four hours. Can anyone PM me a live stream where I can watch it? I can't find one on my usual sources.

omg god that was fkn scarey

hope hes ok after that

the onboard shots were even more scarey

Last edited:
Fucking hell. I was terrified for Webber there.

Holy crap! Hope there are no hidden injuries! I had visions of Senna in '94 in my head and I'm feeling slightly sick right now.

Keeping everything crossed that Webber is 100% OK. He's one of the nicest guys in F1.