2010 F1 calendar announced

This story might also be due to a mistake in translation. If we don't see this story on Autosport in the next 7 days, then we'll know that it was a misunderstanding.

Phew. False alarm, a consensus has been reached.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/78806

Spa reopens after noise row

By Edd Straw Wednesday, September 23rd 2009, 17:04 GMT

Belgian Grand Prix venue Spa Francorchamps has been reopened following the suspension of a ruling which temporarily closed the circuit because of noise complaints, AUTOSPORT understands.

The track was briefly closed in response to complaints raised by a not-for-profit anti-noise organisation whose name literally translates as 'the quiet ones'. Although the group originally lodged its objection in 2007, the local authorities did not take action until this week, when a 17-year closure order was imposed.

However, following a meeting of government officials, sources have said that the closure of the circuit has been called off pending further legal discussions to take place next week following Spa's decision to appeal against the decision.

This means that this weekend's blue riband Spa Six Hours historic event can go ahead, although doubts over the future of the circuit remain amid ongoing noise disputes.

Circuit boss Pierre-Alain Thibaut admitted in an interview with Belgium's Le Soir that the situation "calls the whole viability of the track into question", but added that since the original complaints were made the track has made significant developments in reducing the environmental impact of its activities.

"Since the complaint was made, the situation has changed," said Thibaut. "The track has worked hard to reduce noise pollution and our relationship with local residents has been much improved."

Sources at Spa claim that the track complies with the stipulated noise limits, and are hopeful that the situation will not threaten the long-term future of the circuit.

Although I'd still like to have a word with the blockheads who complained.

You can have words with them, I'd just go straight to the part when they require medical attention. Ignorant kretens..

Anyone else know what event is going to be on the day the british gp is supposed to be on ? Lets just say they better change the date. :lol:

Monaco Grand Prix date changed

09 October 2009

The Monaco Grand Prix of 2010 has been moved forward by one week, GPUpdate.net has learned. Having been set to take place as a back-to-back race with Turkey, teams raised concerns over the close proximity of the events on the 19-race Formula One calendar of next season.

With the 2010 calendar looking to feature 19 races - the most ever, equalling the sum of 2005 - teams had raised concerns over the dates of the Monte-Carlo and Istanbul races in particular due to planning worries.

"That's a phenomenal logistical challenge and we, of course, want to do both events, and it's important that we do them well, but we just need to bear in mind that physically uprooting all of the infrastructure out of Monaco and moving across to Turkey is not a trivial issue," McLaren Managing Director Jonathan Neale explained last week.

As a result, there are now two-week gaps either side of the famous street race in the principality as opposed to a 3-week break after Barcelona and, more importantly, a 1-week separation until Istanbul.

The revised (provisional) calendar is now as follows:

1. Bahrain - Sakhir - Mar 14
2. Australia - Melbourne - Mar 28
3. Malaysia - Kuala Lumpur - April 04
4. China - Shanghai - April 18
5. Spain - Barcelona - May 09
6. Monaco - Monte-Carlo - May 16
7. Turkey - Istanbul - May 30
8. Canada - Montreal - Jun 13 **
9. Europe - Valencia - Jun 27
10. Great Britain - Donington Park - Jul 11
11. Germany - Hockenheim - Jul 25
12. Hungary - Budapest - Aug 01
13. Belgium - Spa-Francorchamps - Aug 29
14. Italy - Monza - Sep 12
15. Singapore - Marina Bay - Sep 26 *
16. Japan - Suzuka - October 03
17. Korea - October 17
18. Abu Dhabi - Yas Marina - October 31
19. Brazil - S?o Paulo - November 14

* Night race

** Canadian GP organisers remain in final negotiation talks with the FIA. In the result of these talks falling through, the Turkish Grand Prix will move to June 06

Source

don't fail negotiations don't fail negotiations!

hurray!

Gonna have to check event scheduling but I might be able to work in the Canadian GP with going to a graduation and a wedding within a 2 week period. There is the matter of $ though, and being in Canada, French part no less :shiver:

Gonna have to check event scheduling but I might be able to work in the Canadian GP with going to a graduation and a wedding within a 2 week period. There is the matter of $ though, and being in Canada, French part no less :shiver:

Make it happen, me and a buddy are going to be attempting to get a hotel room shortly :D

Just out of curiosity...how much does it cost to get tickets for these races? Approx anyways.

I would love to know also, I may get my dad to agree to take the trip.

In Montreal, you can only speak English and you will be able to do anything, the majority of people are bilingual (and some residents don't speak french at all). But if you go out of the island of montreal, that's where knowing at least basic french will help you greatly.

There is no Canada like French Canada, it's ze best Canada in ze land and the other Canada is hardly Canada, if you've lived there for a day you'd understand.
There is no Canada like French Canada, it's ze best Canada in ze land and the other Canada is a bullshit Canada, if you've lived there for a day you'd understand.

Ah! Bitch!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mEszLhL16Qw
:mrgreen:

Last edited:
My brother is living in Canada at the moment, maybe it's time to start planning a trip over there to visit him.

Bernie confirms, no Donnington;
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/motorsport/formula_one/8332525.stm
That's despite Gillett actually coming up with the ~?12m payment (but a few days late).

So that fiasco is finally over. I said as soon as Donnington was announced that it would never happen. Bernie needs to hire me as his fortune teller (or his Master of the Obvious).