Unveiled: 2010 Ford Taurus

flyingfridge

Car(s)
Nissan Skyline GT-R V-Spec, VW Passat 118TSI
Hell hath frozen over, it appears you Americans have discovered how to make a tasteful European car.

BRAVO!! (Just lose the chrome wheels, ok?)

http://www.autoblog.com/2009/01/11/detroit-2009-ford-reveals-2010-taurus-party-like-its-1986/

00_2010taurus_opt.jpg

The chrome fits the car. Some of you need to get over your fear of it.

It was only a matter of time before someone made a post like this so...

00_2010taurus_opt.jpg

ford_mondeo_2008-th.jpg

That's the point. Eventually the design language of Ford NA and Ford Europe will be quite close.

I know. I was just giving everyone the opportunity to look it over themselves.

The only problem with the taurus is that you need to cover up the rear 1/4 of the car to enjoy it. The designers were good up to that point, then they got bored and stuck the trunk from an accord coupe on it.

Am I the only one that thinks it looks like an XF? Just from the front though.

I think the chrome looks fine. They'll have different wheel options for sure.

The only problem with the taurus is that you need to cover up the rear 1/4 of the car to enjoy it. The designers were good up to that point, then they got bored and stuck the trunk from an accord coupe on it.

+1

Looks great.

^ Couldn't agree more.

The car looks absolutely great until you get to the rear. They had a chance to make a car that would appeal to most people. This rear end looks like its for old people.

The more I see this, the more I like the look of it.

The entire rear of the car looks bad. The square Interceptor Concept's rear end doesn't work with the sharp styling in the front. But I can't complain about the rest, even the steering wheel looks alright compared to what I was expecting. Plus they managed to restrain themselves with the use of fake wood. I agree that the chrome wheels are pretty ugly, but that's a minor complaint at most.

The interior still looks like its made out of cheap plastic, bu not as cheap as the stuff it used to be made out of. That being said, it still looks great (minus the rear). Finally an American competitor to the Accord/Camry/Altima crew.

I like it. The back end IMO isn't ugly, just kind of "meh." It's weird to see Ford making good looking cars in the US. The 2010 Fusion is starting to appeal to me, and now this.

Throw in the ecoboost+awd in either of these and could make for a hell of a car for the enthusiast on a budget.

its suprisingly good looking, I like what they did with the front and roofline especially, Im so glad they got rid of the stupid square grill and egg shaped roof from the whole 500 disaster, that didnt work at all.

2010TaurusSide.jpg

it has great proportions in side profile view^^ the new roofline looks kina Chrysler 300ish, do like that

and I must be the only one who actually likes the back:

2010TaurusBack.jpg

I'm a fan of the back, nice shapes and tasteful use of chrome (wheels notwithstanding). Rear overhang is too long though

I don't know, I'm getting pretty fed up with the 'kinetic design', I don't think it ages very well. The cars look kind of swollen, I liked the edgy Fords better. And the back end is just pure ugly.