2010 Formula 1 Season - Official Discussion Thread

Sounds like a no-brainer to be very honest. Rooting for them to get into Q2 often in 2011. :)

yea, i feel they will do very well (compared) in 2011. should be a fun team to watch, i have been waiting all year to hear some good news for next year from the new teams.

De La Rosa sais he intends to be in F1 next year as well. Where? Chances are slim I think. Another test driver spot should make him happy IMO.

I guess that can be as a side during the other days of the week.

I was livid at Austria 2002, but team orders have been with the sport since the start and nobody blew a head gasket back then.

in the old days (silver arrow era), when the #1 driver wasn't leading, they called him into the pits, and had him swap seats with the one driving in front

rosemeyer and Caracciola won a shitload of races like that

I think he wants to come back because he's not doing too well in WRC

HRT's radioman is basically ok, suffered a concussion and a injured rib.

Autosport said:
The Hispania Racing team mechanic injured during the Italian Grand Prix is still under observation in hospital.

The mechanic was injured when he was hit and knocked down by the rear right tyre of Sakon Yamamoto's car during a pitstop at the Monza race.

He was taken to the track's medical centre and then to hospital, where he will remain until he is cleared by his doctors.

The mechanic is suffering a concussion and has a damaged rib and the team is hopeful he will be able to leave the hospital soon.

Whoa, that's nasty. Hope he recovers well and fast

After seeing the video, I thought the guy would have severe leg injuries. The car went right over him...

I am curious to know just how much Heidfeld's experience with the new rubber will be worth. He will surely have some valuable data for the team for next year after he got the job with Pirelli. I think that's why he got chosen in favor of De la Rosa at Sauber.

I am curious to know just how much Heidfeld's experience with the new rubber will be worth. He will surely have some valuable data for the team for next year after he got the job with Pirelli. I think that's why he got chosen in favor of De la Rosa at Sauber.

Don't think so. I think the main factor is that Sauber's idea of having Kobayashi as the "high risk" driver and de la Rosa as the steady eperienced driver bringing in the points did backfire, with Kobayashi delivering the points and de la Rosa delivering... not so much at all.

You can't blame Pedro too much though. He had nothing but bad luck with his car and other drivers ( excellent race in Hockenheim ruined by a Lotus ). I do like the guy and don't see him much worse than Heidfeld. Heidfeld might only be a bit more consistent, but that's it.

After seeing the video, I thought the guy would have severe leg injuries. The car went right over him...

It does look bad... It's good to hear he relatively ok.

[video=youtube;qzc-QwvgLj8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qzc-QwvgLj8[/video]