Ownership Verified: 2010 Nissan Altima 2.5SL, Why?

CraigB

Ich bin ein Kartoffel
DONOR
Car(s)
Mustang SVO - Frontier Pro-4X - BRZ - D21 Hardbody
Because wife and kiddo...

Bought this Monday to replace the transmission-failing 2002 Accord V6 we'd bought in May of 2010. Went to look at a 2007 Fusion, it was in pretty rough shape so we started looking at other cars on the lot and this one followed us home.

It's a 2010 Nissan Altima 2.5 SL, black leather, 15k miles, CVT transmission, lots of goodies. It's a good A to B unit for the wifey.

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: 2010 Nissan Altima 2.5SL, Why?

Was it you who was test driving compact crossovers?

Anyway, nice car! :)

Nice find!

How are you both liking it so far?

Very nice, elegant car. Congrats. :)

They can be called a lot of things (reliable, sensible) but not really elegant, no. :p

That said, the US market Nissans seem to be several times better than the stuff they sell here. I would drive that for sure. :)

Why doesn't Nissan sell anything interesting over here?

That's like a 4-door 350Z. Which (coupled with a sensible engine) would sell like hot cakes. At least I'd think so.

Looks decent - but get an extended warranty on that engine just in case.

2010 Nissan Altima 2.5SL, Why?

I wouldn't say it's like a Z car. It's a bit sportier (I can't believe I said that) than a Camry or Accord.

We took it for a drive through the country today. It's not as fun to drive as my Focus, but it is more comfortable.

Along with the Mazda 6, it's considered one of the better family sedans to drive. (Accord, Camry, Fusion, 6, Malibu, Altima, Legacy, Sonata, and to a lesser extent, the Passat) are the main players in the same pool here in the US...)

Along with the Mazda 6, it's considered one of the better family sedans to drive. (Accord, Camry, Fusion, 6, Malibu, Altima, Legacy, Sonata, and to a lesser extent, the Passat) are the main players in the same pool here in the US...)

Passat's quickly gaining steam, at least here, I see more and more of them+ many say it's still a rewarding steer. I've seen the new Accord and Altima in person as well. All three are very handsome designs.

I agree that the Passat is increasing popularity, since it's come down in price. The accord is a handsome car...but I've never been a fan of the Altima's styling...ever.

The Altima actually beat the Camry as the best selling car of the month in the segment a few times, so good on them! Probably something to do with the Japanese tsunami/earthquake, if I remember correctly...but still.

2010 Nissan Altima 2.5SL, Why?

I tend to buy cars that I can get parts for in town, there has not been a VW dealership in town for about 10 years.

I agree the Altima isn't the best looking car, but I think it trumps the Camry and to some degree the Accord.

This actually our second Altima. We had a 1993 in about 2003 that we drove for a couple years. It was fully loaded and even had a heads-up display. It did have the infamous KA timing chain slap, but was a fine car overall.

Getting ready to take our first long road trip in the car this weekend. So since the wife rarely washes the our thing I took the time to wash and wax the car.

uploadfromtaptalk1372731982440.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1372732009195.jpg

Overall it's been a good car. It gets 25-30 mpg in the 10,000 miles we've put on it so far.

I'd really like to get the windows tinted, add some factory fog lights and ditch the"flower" wheels for some more sporty looking wheels.

Congrats on the new car, Craig. May it serve you well. Hopefully the CVT will hold out better than the disappointing tranny in your Accord. For shame, Honda...

That's like a 4-door 350Z.
Then take a gander at the 2-door Altima of the same generation

5-altima-coupe.jpg

6-altima-coupe.jpg

I'd really like to get the windows tinted, add some factory fog lights and ditch the"flower" wheels for some more sporty looking wheels.
I always really like these style Altima wheels.