2010 Santander British Grand Prix

Why should Alonso let Kubica back? He didn't give him any space and the car was in the toilet. An advatage was gained, but either he overtook him there or at the next corner. And why shouldn't he serve the penalty at the SC? What if he went in before they told him not to? I bet that they wouldn't say anything. Because there is nothing wrong with it. I'm just sick of this FIA shit. Wheter it's Mclaren, Ferrari, Mercedes, they just know so well how to screw people in the face.

Massa will of course be mystified by lack of speed/pace/grip/air/water/something that kept him so fucking behind. What the fuck was that spin all about?

Hockenheim in 2 weeks, someone better kick Ferraris ass nice and strong so they stop FUCKING UP! The constructors championship is practically gone.

Just been out for a smoke under our covered patio and realised there was a fly buzzing away that was caught in a spider's web.

It sounded like a qualifying lap. If I'd been able to record it Vikirad could probably have told me which track! :lol:

Why should Alonso let Kubica back? He didn't give him any space and the car was in the toilet. An advatage was gained, but either he overtook him there or at the next corner. And why shouldn't he serve the penalty at the SC? What if he went in before they told him not to? I bet that they wouldn't say anything. Because there is nothing wrong with it. I'm just sick of this FIA shit. Wheter it's Mclaren, Ferrari, Mercedes, they just know so well how to screw people in the face.

The safety car rules really need to be looked at properly rather than just having knee jerk reactions to it. I think this new system at least in terms of picking up the leaders worked slightly better but it's been unlucky for Alonso in terms of timing for safety car in the past two races. However, I do agree with the penalty that Alonso got (unlucky, again, about the timing), because, as the rules suggest, if you overtake by going off the track, you have to give the position back. I look back at Spa '08 and take that as a precedent. Lewis even gave that position back before overtaking again, but that's just the way the FIA looked at it.

Anyways, in terms of race result, in my eyes, this was an almost perfect result in the circumstances. I wanted Webber to win because of the way he was shafted yesterday, and he fully deserved this. To see him so happy on the podium really brought a smile to my face. I would have preferred Jenson coming third instead of fourth, but making 10 positions from his qualifying position is a great achievement. Excellent drive by both him and Lewis.

Other great drives were by Kobayashi, Barrichello, and Sutil did everything he could to keep Vettel behind him, and that was an excellent display of defensive driving. As much as I've begun to dislike Vettel, he drove an excellent race after the safety car, and collected vital points. As well, even though Alonso didn't give the position back to Robert, he pulled some nice overtaking moves in the race, too.

I feel bad for Massa, though, Alonso screwed his race... again.

Wow that tension in the Red Bull team is phenomenal. "Not bad for a number 2" and "you can smile now"; hardly comments you'd expect over the radio after a race win unless the atmosphere was utterly toxic within the team.

When Webber got out of the car and slowly raised his first into the air, I was just waiting for his middle finger to go up with it!

I'm so happy for Mark. He deserves this, but the Red Bull team has to stop pressing the self-destruct button. The tension is crazy, and it's their own doing.

Great drive by both McLaren boys, Red Bull were untouchable but McLaren are really excellent at making the most of things. Good for the championship.

And Ferrari. Oh dear. They are really bad at maximizing opportunities. Although I will admit that the penalty given to Alonso was very harsh, I honestly can't see what else the stewards could have done, certainly given Spa 08.

that was alonso who said that haha

great drive by mark and plzzzzzzzzz we need more safety car's :)

Well... I made a commemorative comic to illustrate how this race made me feel...

2zpo7qq.png

I dont think anyone can explain what the hell is going on with Ferrari...
Its not the pace, Alonso had the fastest lap. Its just rotten luck it seems... Bad launches, punctures, drive throughs, more flat tyres, sheesh...

Good job by Mark Webber, deserved win, consistent and cold all the way from start to finish. Tough luck for Vettel, and decent comeback. I thought he wouldn't finish the race by the look of his attacks... he'd end up in the gravel trap sooner or later.

Well now the wait begins again for that elusive victory... or podium... or points <.<

'Good luck', is that what the street term is these days? :p

Hilarious though! :lmao:

I'm sorry it really is a harsh outcome given that once Kubica retired Alonso had no chance of giving the place back. But I still maintain he should've let him back past immediately, then all this could've been avoided. I think going by his post race comments Alonso knows this too.

RAGEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE AT BADDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD LUCKKKKK WHHYYYYYYY THE FRIENDLY FIRE >< (Alonso & MAssa)

Oh well. Next stop, Germany.

Legard < vuvuzela. =)

I'm so happy for Mark. He deserves this, but the Red Bull team has to stop pressing the self-destruct button. The tension is crazy, and it's their own doing.

SPEED/FOX's commentators noted that at least some of the decisions favoring Vettel, including giving him Mark's aerodynamics, are coming from Dietrich Mateschitz / Red Bull HQ and are not decisions being made by Christian Horner of his own volition.

Yeah, the press makes Horner look like the bad guy, and unfortunately, he's the one who has to answer the questions, but I'm sure a lot of these decisions are not of his making. He has to deal with the wake of the things the team does, though... it's what you sign on to do.

Well Horner is a tiny bit responsible cos he should put the foot down and say "if both my guys dont race on same terms, I'm gone" ... That's what I'd do anyway. The way RBR is doing now, Horner would get a nice big contract with any other team I bet. Specially cos he knows all their secrets, and who really abides by the non disclosure agreements xD