2010 SingTel Singapore Grand Prix

I'm amazed how little contact it takes to break the MacLaren. Old Schumi's Mercedes took an absolute battering today and still finished.

I think it's more or less a thing of luck whether a car is damaged majorly or minorly. A few centimeters can decide whether a vital part gets hit or not, or whether it breaks or survives.

Last edited:
Remember when someone said Ferrari was just a run-of-the-mill team this year? :lol: All I can say is; Ferrari haters, eat your hearts out! Alonso for WC!

The burning Lotus was great, as was Kovalainen's reaction. "Guys.... Guys... my car's on fire. Really, guys, can you just hand me a fire extinguisher, please, so I can do something about this? Thanks."

Mmm yeah but after we all stopped lol'ing, the real question was... where the heck were the marshals?

Mmm yeah but after we all stopped lol'ing, the real question was... where the heck were the marshals?

Kovalainen chose to stop after crossing the finish line, to be officially classified, and in doing so stopped at probably the furthest spot possible from a marshal station.

Phew, I haven't posted in ages. Nice race overall, the Championship is extremely exciting. Kubica doing all the work there at the end, Nico being invisible and ending 5th. Hammy again in trouble and 0 points, is he loosing his nerves? Big props to Ferrari, they seem to be giving it everything they've got, and looks that "Alonso/Ferrari is in it to win it", and that is what counts. Shame Button not having better pace, he must improve quickly. Massa made the most of it, helped by penalties. I'm glad Heidfeld is back, I hoped he would start a new row of finished races, but that was not be.

The thing that really stuck in my mind was Heikki, he was the man and the hero of the race for me. That was one of the coolest ways to break down, first sail a burning car over the line and then act as firemarshall! Heikki showed his true colors there, can't imagine any other driver acting so. Easily one of the coolest and nicest things I've seen in F1 for a long time. At the same time it was a shame, he lost a good position. The people on the grandstands got something to see, and I guess they cheered him.

Some might say that was extremely unsafe, but better on the straight than the pits methinks. The racing line was nowhere near him, and the pitlane was quite crowded. He showed to be one of the toughest, coolest, classiest guys in F1, with bravery and great clarity of thought in a nerving situation. That is Finnish Sisu at it's best! I wouldn't worry about penalties, he did a good thing, and thrilled a lot of people doing it. True respect to him, I bet the amount of fans on his Facebook will go up. That was just what F1 needs once in a while :)

Last edited:
?That was not quite how I thought my race would end! Until the fire, I was having a really strong run and the car had felt good throughout. We were looking good for 15th, but then I had a coming together with Buemi towards the end of the race. I spun the car to get back onto the track which I think cracked the fuel tank pressure release valve and it looks like that caused an air box fire. I didn?t want to come into the pits as it definitely wasn?t safe enough to do so, and pulled over on the main straight. A couple of guys from Williams gave me an extinguisher, so I put the fire out on my own - I told Tony and Mike that they maybe need to pay me more as I?m now a fireman as well??

Heikki, you are awesome.

Bad bad bad race. Disappointed. I like Webber, but that annoyed me, and still does, even though, I must concede that it was a racing incident. Having said that, I don't blame Lewis for trying... he had the line, and Sutil v Kubica showed exactly how it SHOULD have panned out.

Bleh.

Kubica deserves a championship of his own for being a bamf! Seriously amazing!

That was a whole lot better than I was expecting (yep, I didn't fall asleep!)

Alonso, Vettel & Kubica were awesome. I was fist pumping like crazy when he was working his way back up. Seriously anyone who still doubts his ability to be up there with the very top guys can STFU (okay, I know he had fresh rubber and the Renault + him seem to click really well, but still, THAT WAS COOL!). Horrible race for the new teams in general. Silly Koba, why did you have to be the one to eat the wall & invite Senna to join in too. :mad:

Webber was so incredibly lucky this time it's not funny, I seriously though that was going to have to retire along with Lewis after that clang. Jenson was really anonymous in this race. EDIT: Just saw the state of that RBR's wheel...even luckier than I thought. :blink: Does this mean he's going to have a big spate of bad luck now? That's how it seems to go with him.

Finally, yes Heikki is awesome. I knew I liked him for a reason! Go Fireman Heikki! :lol:

Last edited:
Racing incident or not, doesn't help the fact that the next track is a slightly lengthened go-cart track, with less chances of overtaking than the average countryside road in the UK.

Maybe they'll have a safety caravan or Morris Marina instead of the usual safety car?

It was a great race following the Safety Car, but it sucks about all those who dropped out of the race. Kobayashi has had a good run, Heikki was driving his ass off, Hamilton's championship chances are nearly gone now, and Heidfeld was just getting back to driving. On the other hand, very exciting end to the race, and great driving by Alonso to keep the lead.

Bad bad bad race. Disappointed. I like Webber, but that annoyed me, and still does, even though, I must concede that it was a racing incident. Having said that, I don't blame Lewis for trying... he had the line, and Sutil v Kubica showed exactly how it SHOULD have panned out.

Bleh.

you worded my sentiments exactly. can't blame hamilton for trying, and if you can blame hamilton for trying, you can't blame webber for trying to hold it off

the blame is more over at McLaren for making such a flimsy car. if the wind blows a bit to hard, something brakes! the merc cars get a heavier beating every race, and never brake down :mad: