2010 Tour de France

Just watched today's stage from tape. That was one sweet leadout by Renshaw.

Even tough I dislike Cav, it was kinda nice to see him take this stage. This one came fair and square.

Last edited:
you rewatched the complete stage? i can't even convice myself to watch an F1 race in delay, let alone a cycling etappe :)

i just rewatch the last 5 km, and a global summary...

i found it touching that after the victory, all his team members went over to hug him. if he really is the asshole the media portrais him, they wouldn't have done that...

Of course I didn't watch the whole stage. I fast-forwarded until last 10km.

Another win for Cav. Feels like his getting in that same groove that he had last year.

Cav was giving up on the stage to Spa which was like a mountain stage for kids... :p

Cav will win 2 more stages, but Hushovd will easily get green. I'm going for the dark horse of Vino to win. Wiggins will drop like a stone. I wouldn't be surprised if Geraint Thomas finishes ahead of him.
I think Schleck will be aggressive today, but won't gain anything.

vino won't win.

he'll do great, and than he'll have an off-day, and everything will be lost...

vino won't win.

he'll do great, and than he'll have an off-day, and everything will be lost...

But he has 2 years worth of transfusion bags to help boost him back up again...

Contador is the main rider in Astana so I don't think they will allow Vino do ride as he wants.

Poor Armstrong. I hope he comes back and atleast gives it a one last try.

Always happy when the Schleck win. Great guy and great team.

They still have to climb Tourmalet twice so you never know what's gonna happen.

Today's potentially the day that the green jersey might get decided, Hushovd's doing what he did last year; he's in a 10-12-man breakaway and they're on the first climb of the day.

Last edited:
^that sucks

good for hushovd, but the green jersey should be strictly about sprinting to the line, the sprints in the middle of the race should just give a financial bonus, not give points imho

^that sucks

good for hushovd, but the green jersey should be strictly about sprinting to the line, the sprints in the middle of the race should just give a financial bonus, not give points imho

Why? Getting the green jersey is about being a bit more complete than being stone dead last (like Cavendish) on every single mountain stage and only doing well on flat stages.

He must have nailed the first 6 points of the day, but right now the live ticker is showing him behind the main pack after the first three big climbs. Live ticker says he crashed at the 36km mark, but is now back on the bike. In any case, those 6 points could make all the difference in the end.

Probably about 30 km left to the bottom of Col de la Madeleine.

Last edited: