2010 Tour de France

Apparently Contador has his edge on the shorter, steeper hills while Schleck is better on the very long climbs.

Green back to Hushovd after catching 10 points in the 2 sprints today.

Apparently Schleck actually told his teammates that he might lose som time on the climb, because it didn't really fit him.

It'll be interesting in the coming week. Now they've both showed they can have "sort of" off-days.

contador is a spring, he can accelerate and shoot up like no one else

shleck is more of endurance climber, he can't handle the sudden accelerations.
i hope by the time they're at the last climb, contador is more fatigued, and shleck can win some time back

Schelck is gonna need some time before the time trial if he wants the overall win. That's going to be hard.

But it'll definitely be interesting to watch :) If only Frank Schleck hadn't crashed, then it would have been really interesting :p

Jesus christ, Andy and Contador are going to ride themselves out of the tour if they keep doing this.

Why? They only lost 14 seconds to two riders who they could blow away if they want to.
My feeling is that Schleck will just mark Contador until the final ascent of the Tourmalet, where he will try and get the extra 90 seconds he will probably need.

He needs to go in attack mode at some point, that's for sure.. And Contador probably needs somewhat of an "off day", if he wants a chance to gain the seconds he need.

Most of the time they seem pretty evenly matched on the climbs.

Menchov probably couldn't believe his luck at one point in todays stage =) Though they managed to close the gap so they only lost little time. It is quite amusing to see Contador and Schleck spent so much time battling just to end up concluding that they're even and they need to go catch up the others.. :D

Why? They only lost 14 seconds to two riders who they could blow away if they want to.
My feeling is that Schleck will just mark Contador until the final ascent of the Tourmalet, where he will try and get the extra 90 seconds he will probably need.

Well I wouldn't make a habit of stopping on a steep climb and letting Menchov ride off into the distence.

Well I wouldn't make a habit of stopping on a steep climb and letting Menchov ride off into the distence.

But they didn't let him ride off into the distance, that is the point. They cocked about, let him get over 30 seconds ahead, and then dragged back most of the time easily. Both riders well gain over 3 minutes on the Tourmalet over Menchov. Sanchez is the bigger threat if anything.

Last edited:
Not exactly sporting to attack when Schleck's chain jumps off.

Last edited:
Disappointed in Contador, thought he had more class than that.

That's not excactly fair play now is it..

Now he has nothing to lose though, so we'll definitelys ee him in full attack mode in the coming days.

Contador getting Buh'ed when he got the yellow jersey on the podium.

Last edited:
I'm glad Schleck got his head sorted on the descent. At the start he looked like he was going to kill himself trying to keep up, but he obviously realised that it is best to be able to fight another die, than risk retirement for the sake of 30 seconds.

Yeah that's not true.. He drove past him, it was dead obvious. And even if he didn't see it there, he is in radio contact with his car and teammates all the time.

It was a low move, and lying about it just makes him seem lower.

I don't really like him in general, he has fucked some of his teammates in the race quite a few times before too.

I know very little about cycling, but why should Contador slow down and wait for him? Schleck had a problem so shouldn't it be a case of bad luck old chap, better luck next time - goodbye!

I know very little about cycling, but why should Contador slow down and wait for him? Schleck had a problem so shouldn't it be a case of bad luck old chap, better luck next time - goodbye!

It is just an unwritten rule that you don't attack the yellow jersey or yellow jersey contender if they have a problem. I can remember Armstrong sitting up and waiting when Jan Ullrich had crashed over a barrier. He could have attacked and gained quite a bit of time but instead he waited for him to sort himself out. I think Ullrich and Hamilton did pretty much the same in return when Armstrong had a problem at a different time.

Come on Schleck. Contador won't crack like this. He needs to be attacked.