2010 Tour de France

vikiradTG2007

Forum Addict
Car(s)
Working on it
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2010_Tour_de_France

1000px-Tour_de_France_2010_map-fr.svg.png

So it all starts in Rotterdam on Sunday. 100 years of the Pyrenees being included in the event, celebration is a double dose of torture for the riders in the form of two separate stages including an ascent of the Tourmalet.

13 km of cobblestone passages in the early days, also a stage finishing at Spa... I wonder if they plan to finish it on the Grand Prix circuit?

Also, the main question is: will we see another major doping scandal or will it just be a few isolated cases of supporting or unimportant riders?

Well it's 7 km, but it's also relatively hilly, so I'd assume it would take somewhere around 14-16 minutes. It'd probably take about 5 minutes just to get from the bottom of Eau Rouge to the top of Les Combes, since it's a tough uphill climb.

Last edited:
You mean if they use the old "triangle"? The GP track is nearly bang on 7 km, the old track is somewhere around 13-14.

EDIT: Scratch that, just downloaded the route for Google Earth and the closest they get is about 5 km away, it goes through the village of Stavelot which used to be crossed by the old track.

Last edited:
You mean if they use the old "triangle"? The GP track is nearly bang on 7 km, the old track is somewhere around 13-14.

EDIT: Scratch that, just downloaded the route for Google Earth and the closest they get is about 5 km away, it goes through the village of Stavelot which used to be crossed by the old track.

Silly me, looked at the wrong length in wiki. Pitty they don't go onto the track.

Edit: Looks like there are only three mountain top finishes this year, and two of them are semi plateau. :(

Last edited:
Contador, Schleck, Armstrong, Wiggins, Evans, Leipheimer

First 3 most likely, last 3 less so.

Basso doesn't have the legs to win TdF. It's almost impossible (in modern cycling) to win both Giro and Tour.

I think that either Contador or Armstrong will take this one. Contador's early season hasn't been as good as last year, while Armstrongs preparation has been a lot better than last year.
Also Armstrongs performance in Tour de Suisse was great. And winning Contador in prologue was good for him mentally. Also prologue shows that finally Armstrongs TT is at the level where it should be. I'm really hoping that Lance can number eight.

Schleck brothers will also be dangerous in the mountain stages. I think that Fr?nk will be better than Andy, because his preparation has been better. Fr?nk won in Switzerland and Andy fell pretty heavily just a week ago (before the nationals).

Also I wouldn't count Sastre out. If he is in better form (which I think he is) than in Giro, he can have chance in GC. I don't think that Wiggins has a chance. His results before TdF have been very poor, he has only one individual win this season (TT in Giro, which 8,4km).

I am hoping that Hushovd takes green jersey, just because Cavendish has become such an cock. Unlike Hushovd Cavendish can't climb at all. Hushovd can do the same as last year and take intermediate sprints in hilly stages.

I am hoping that Hushovd takes green jersey, just because Cavendish has become such an cock. Unlike Hushovd Cavendish can't climb at all. Hushovd can do the same as last year and take intermediate sprints in hilly stages.

I was really impressed with Hushovd's attack last year in a proper mountain stage, he nearly managed to brave it out and that, for a sprinter, is rare to see.

EDIT: Cavendish causes a crash on a tight corner!

EDIT 2: Disaster in the last km! 3/4 of the peloton went down.

Last edited:
Always makes me happy to not see Cavendish win. Mark got a second place, would have been nice to see him take the win considering the work he does for Cavendish.

Three major crashes in the last 2 km... when was the last time THAT happened?

And from that first crash, I'll have to agree with popular opinion, Cavendish is a cock.

Thought(-s) after the first stage:

Some people really should learn to keep their dog on a leash!

Always makes me happy to not see Cavendish win. Mark got a second place, would have been nice to see him take the win considering the work he does for Cavendish.

I'm always delighted when Cavendish doesn't win. That cock deserves it. Watching his smug, pathetic face when Hushovd showed his muscle last year in one of the toughest mountain stages was on of the best TdF moments ever.

Apparently this years route is A LOT tougher than last years. Which will be interesting. :)

This stage is about to ruin Schlecks TdF.

E: It would also be nice to see some kind of replay of those crashes.

E2: This is also a pretty bad situation for Cancellara. If he slows down too much and waits for Shlecks he will lose the yellow jersey.

Last edited: