renaultr31_2011.jpg

foto.php

C0nCU.jpg

ren-31-photo-cooper-2.jpg

LotusT128.jpg

sHXi7.jpg

lotus3.jpg

lotus1.jpg

The pics from the factory almost looks like a mock-up (well, I assume it is).

Last edited:
Isn't that sort of intake forbidden?

I was surprised too, this is exact rule:

15.2.4 The principal roll structure must have a minimum enclosed structural cross section of 10000mm?, in vertical projection, across a horizontal plane 50mm below its highest point. The area thus established must not exceed 200mm in length or width and may not be less than 10000mm2 below this point.

It looks Lotus made it much wider than Merc last year and that's why it's within the rules.

The renault looks awesome. I love that livery already. Looks much better on the r31 than on the r30.

That Sauber looks really average. They made no effort whatsoever with their livery, just went with what they had last year, which wasn't terribly inspiring to begin with. Then they've plastered a bunch of small logos all over it. The Renault looks visually strong with it's black and gold concept, and the Lotus also looks the business with the green and gold. The Ferrari looks good in red as it usually does, and I'm sure we can expect more of the same from McLaren, Red Bull, Mercedes, Virgin, and Williams possibly with their liveries which also work well.

In terms of the body shapes we're seeing I think they all look good, although I'm not completely sold on the Ferrari shape (speaking purely from an aesthetic view, I have no doubt it'll be a quick car). Hopefully the shark fin is out of fashion now!

JA on F1 said:
?I think Lotus is our sponsor. At least from what I know it is a sponsor,? he said when asked if he dreamt to drive for Lotus. So I could also say it is my dream to drive for Total. I think it would be different if Lotus owned the team and were fully involved into the team.?

Kubica! :lol:

Last edited:
LotusT128.jpg

sHXi7.jpg

lotus3.jpg

lotus1.jpg

The pics from the factory almost looks like a mock-up (well, I assume it is).

Team Lotus Notes?

Oh dear, does this mean they'll have a terribly old hat user interface and a ridiculously obtuse menu system? If the teams pit computer system uses Lotus Notes they'll never get anything done! I think the record for the quickest email sent with lotus notes is about 20 minutes.

( I am of course referring to that massive pile of horse poo, Lotus Notes, lots of companies seem to use it, including my last two and its just awful to use in every single way)

Last edited:
Anyone notice that the real photos of the Lotus (Tony's team) lacks any push rods/pull rods and steering linkages. I guess its all done by Bluetooth.... ;)

Damn... Newey went apeshit crazy with this car... where is the rear? Is there even a gearbox? WTF?!

Fuck that R31 looks sexy : )

Kubica for WDC '11??? *wishful thinking*

And the RB7 looks pretty damn sleek, hopefully it will be as competitive as the RB6.