2011 FIFA World Cup

Time for a belated
foot19.gif
foot19.gif
foot09.gif
and :lol: she's called Marijuana :lol:

...and
foot09.gif

England's 99.99% through to the quarters.

Last edited:
Ah-ha, now that Wimbleton has finished, the BBC is showing the Group matches online and on the digital "Red Button" channel.

Saw a bit of the England vs. Japan, but they were already 2-0 up with ten minutes to play.

:smile:

Ugh this game isn't going well...

USA loses to Sweden 2-1, leaving them in second place in their division to take on Brazil the Sunday.

:clap: Hey, they made it this far, further then the men did last year. :dunno:

^
The USA are one of the top three teams in the world. (Unless they have a weak squad this time.)

Prediction time!
Germany beats Japan 2-0
Sweden beats Australia 3-1
England beats France 1-0
USA beats Brazil 2-1

England vs. France is just starting.

And BBC are showing it on a main channel not hidden away on the digital service or online.

The BBC commentator just said that the German crowd is split fairly even support for each team.

In the Group matches, the crowd supported "anyone else but England". :lol:

The BBC commentator just said that the German crowd is split fairly even support for each team.

In the Group matches, the crowd supported "anyone else but England". :lol:

Now it's different.

Yes, there is "anyone else but England"... but that cancels itself out with "anyone else but France". The result is a crowd just going https://pic.armedcats.net/n/na/narf/2011/05/26/popcorn.gif

Also, welcome to proper coverage. Our two main public broadcasters ARD and ZDF take turns and show every game except for the last game of each group that runs in parallel.

Last edited:
Halftime and no Uwe's yet.

France look the best in midfield and have some good strikers. But their goalkeeper looks rather wobbly and it's just as well that England have not played more attacking football.

France should have scored already and may come to regret going in at HT 0-0. They still look the most likely winners.

:think:

^
Looks like it, with France looking more likely to win I reckon.

Good goal by France, "comedy defending*" by England.

* Said in a Scots accent. (Alan Hanson)

Extra time turned out much better than regular time :clap:

Also, penalty kicks against England? :jeremy: I mean... how hard can it be? :tease:

The winrar of this game is Sweden or Australia.

foot75.gif
foot09.gif

foot10.gif
foot09.gif

foot10.gif
foot09.gif

foot10.gif
foot74.gif

foot10.gif
foot74.gif

Like I said, penalty kicks against England... :tease:

Now just a few minutes until the kickoff in Wolfsburg.

I wonder what side the audience is on :hmm:

The ref is hawt.

Last edited: