2011 Formula 1 Gro?er Preis Santander von Deutschland

ahpadt

Forum Addict
N%C3%BCrburgring_-_Grand-Prix_Stecke.svg

Race date: 24th of July, 2011
Number of laps: 60
Circuit length: 4.574 km
Race distance: 306.458 km
Lap record: 1:29.468 (Michael Schumacher, 2004)
Last winner: Mark Webber

1) What do you think the race podium will look like?
2) Will the revert on the engine map rules have any affect on the standings in the front? Will McLaren be back up there again?
3) Can DRS make a 'positive difference' to the overtaking opportunities on this track?
4) Renault are bringing major updates, can they get back to their promising early season form?
5) The tyre allocation for this race will be SOFT and MEDIUM - will the MEDIUM tyres throw some teams off like they did in Valencia?
6) What do you think about the recent speculations about reintroducing testing? Does F1 need it? If yes, in what capacity? Young drivers only?
7) Does Vettel already have this years WDC in his pocket or does the others still have a chance at it?
8) Can someone like Perez or Kobayashi make for another race surprise?

Last edited:
To be really pedantic, the last winner of the German GP on this particular track was Webber in '09.

Three steps, three bottles of champagne and four trophies that look like the rubbish logo of a bank.

2) Will the revert on the engine map rules have any affect on the standings in the front? Will McLaren be back up there again?

Tighter track than Silverstone, so McLaren will be more on Ferrari's pace.

3) Can DRS make a 'positive difference' to the overtaking opportunities on this track?

Not really.

4) Renault are bringing major updates, can they get back to their promising early season form?

No.

5) The tyre allocation for this race will be SOFT and MEDIUM - will the MEDIUM tyres throw some teams off like they did in Valencia?

Possible, there's a lot of teams to get thrown off.

6) What do you think about the recent speculations about reintroducing testing? Does F1 need it? If yes, in what capacity? Young drivers only?

Particularly young-driver testing, but two or three in-season testing days with regular drivers as well to be honest. Best thing to do is hold the tests right on Monday-Tuesday after selected GPs to avoid using separate technical teams.
obviously that's too much common sense...

7) Does Vettel already have this years WDC in his pocket or does the others still have a chance at it?

Pocketed, covered in a towel, wrapped up, all it needs is the ribbon and gold leaf.

Possible.

Last edited:
3 steps the middle step will be tallest the left step will be slightly smaller than the middle step and the right step will be smaller than the left step, no sorry HAM,VET,ALO
I think they will, but ferrari won't be out of the picture I dont think the silverstone success was all down to the mapping.
Well it will increase the number of overtakes, I think the pit straight is just right for DRS allowing cars to get side by side not long enough to see cars sailing past effortlessly which is good.
It depends how the FIA feel about the modifications that Petrov has demanded which allows him to overtake cars by leaping over them.
(Mika).............................................................................................................................................................hmmmmmmh,......I don't know.
YES, MORE TESTING, LOTS OF TESTING!
It would be an amazing second half if he didn't win.
Yes, both of them deserve faster cars.

Last edited:
Back straight according to everything I've read so far.

EDIT: There's also apparently a pretty good chance it might rain, if that changes anyone's predictions.

Last edited:

1. Vettel, Webber, Alonso
2. Not for McLaren
3. Might
4. No
5. No
6. Yes, but limited mileage
7. Championship is still wide open
8. Yes

Will this be the first ever time that an F1 driver races competitively in a circuit with a corner named after him, in which he has won but also that has been part of the trophy presentation?
Of course I'm referring to Schumacher. If indeed it is the case, than I find it quite a remarkable event.

1) What do you think the race podium will look like? Vettel, Button, Webber
2) Will the revert on the engine map rules have any affect on the standings in the front? Will McLaren be back up there again? I hope so.
3) Can DRS make a 'positive difference' to the overtaking opportunities on this track? Not really.
4) Renault are bringing major updates, can they get back to their promising early season form? Not really
5) The tyre allocation for this race will be SOFT and MEDIUM - will the MEDIUM tyres throw some teams off like they did in Valencia? Possibly.
6) What do you think about the recent speculations about reintroducing testing? Does F1 need it? If yes, in what capacity? Young drivers only? Testing would be for those who need it more than others. Ie Mercedes and Renault.
7) Does Vettel already have this years WDC in his pocket or does the others still have a chance at it? Oh dear, he has...
8) Can someone like Perez or Kobayashi make for another race surprise? Please

I do expect that Ferrari will be fighting for the victory. That pace in Silverstone wasn't just due to exhaust ban. As for the questions - +1 to Vikirad's post. I have big hopes for in-season testing. They took a big part of F1 with them.

Sadly I'll be driving home at the time of this race.

Will this be the first ever time that an F1 driver races competitively in a circuit with a corner named after him, in which he has won but also that has been part of the trophy presentation?
Of course I'm referring to Schumacher. If indeed it is the case, than I find it quite a remarkable event.
Yes it is, if it didn't happen last year. nope it didn't happen last year.

Last edited:

Vettel, Alonso, Hamilton

I'm not sure if it's due to the rules, but I guess Red Bull will be better than last time, and McLaren too.

I'm not a big fan of DRS so I hope it won't cause much difference. I'd like to see action, but not due to DRS.

No, I don't think there's a way back for them.

Yeah, I guess tyres will play a key role in this GP.

I want to see more testing. The focus should be on young drivers - it's a bit ridiculous to see drivers making their F1 debut before actually testing an F1 car - , but I'd give some testing opportunity to everyone. It should be limited, though, because otherwise life would be very difficult for the smaller teams.

He'll definetely win the title unless he is forced to miss several races due to injury or something.

Depends on what you call a surprise. They can get good results, but they won't be near the podium.

Particularly young-driver testing, but two or three in-season testing days with regular drivers as well to be honest. Best thing to do is hold the tests right on Monday-Tuesday after selected GPs to avoid using separate technical teams.
obviously that's too much common sense...

Couldn't agree more. Limited in-season testing with young drivers & new parts FTW. It will keep all the fans busy and something for the hardcore F1 to bitch & moan debate about.

Competitively? :p

Hopefully there's going to be a little surprise in that podium, but I just expect the usual...Vettel walking away with it.

I think their pace is going to return but they have to back it up with updates if they want to be more competitive.

Uh...If only I knew where the DRS zone is. There are plenty of overtaking opportunities due to the nature of the circuit, apart from the main straight there could be some overtaking action if the DRS zone was between turns 12 and 14, and only some daring drivers could try overtaking in the Bit-Kurve or the Kumho-Kurve (they would do for some good action though).

I really hope so. I'm one big Renault fan and I want to see these guys back to the top as soon as possible, and apart from their livery they haven't been shining too much, which is sad for a team that got 2 straight podiums in the first two races, and it would be really sad if that string of good results turned out to be a fluke. :(

The Nurburgring is a different track, better flowing than the boredrome, big fat waste of money and excuse for a boring track which is Valencia, and the climate is also different, being slightly cooler and more prone to changeable weather. So at this point it's unknown whether those tyres will do any good (or bad) to the teams and drivers in the race.

Keep it only for the young drivers. We've seen the results that the testing ban has produced ever since the 2009 season. We've seen closer fields and very close racing, almost incomparable to the boring races that came up until 2008. If you want to bring testing back, keep it only for the young drivers who have no experience in F1 because that has been the main downside of the in-season testing ban. But as usual, only the cars up to last season's spec are allowed to be tested, to keep the competition close.

The only way for Vettel to lose this title now is for him to have his path crossed by a black cat while walking under a ladder on Friday the 13th. He's just bloody walking away with the title. He's won 6 races out of 9 so far, and he still manages to extend his lead when he doesn't win (worst race finish to date = 2nd), not to mention that he has a big enough error margin for him to throw three races away, and we're just halfway through the season! I do believe that the other drivers will be getting closer to his pace but I really think this year is over as far as who the champion is going to be, and the fight for runner-up is going to be the main focus soon.

If strategy plays well into their hands, both of them will be pushing the other drivers to the limit and hell, I can actually imagine Kobayashi having a go at someone in the Schumacher S and around the outside of the Dunlop-Kehre! I'd say put these guys on the back of the grid and we have a historic race full of talented drivers fighting their way through the field! :mrgreen:

Couldn't agree more. Limited in-season testing with young drivers & new parts FTW. It will keep all the fans busy and something for the hardcore F1 to bitch & moan debate about.

There will always be complaints about something. Red Bull and Vettel. Why did Ferrari keep Massa? Why is HRT still in the field?", etc.

Fans will find something to complain about. It would be great to have testing and give some guys chances at actually driving. This might even re-introduce the third driver... The DRS zone will be like turn 10 into the Kumho corner... Stupid, I know...

Hopefully we'll have another epic race like 2007. :D