2011 Formula 1 Gro?er Preis Santander von Deutschland

indeed, with Sunday looking the most likely day for it...that'll spice things up a bit :cool:
I'd love to see an HRT make the right tyre choice and start going on an overtaking frenzy until taking the lead before the red flag eventually goes out...:mrgreen:
Buuut I'm not so sure, seeing as today's FIA is so hell-bent on babysitting the drivers- oh I'm sorry, protecting them, that's the right word. <_<

Hopefully we'll have another epic race like 2007. :D

I hope so too. That race was probably one of my all time favourites. The rain right at the start, loads of people going off, the red flag, Alonso hunting down Massa and then passing him with a few laps to go and their subsequent argument before the podium. Brilliant stuff.

I hope it'll rain, even though the races are exciting enough this year, I always get excited like a little kid when I see that the race is going to be wet. :D

But hopefully Charlie will let them race now, instead of endless SC and red flag periods.

Yep, the off-throttle rulings had nothing to do with Ferrari's excellent pace last week. It looks like the new diffuser, rear-wing, floor and exhausts from last week are working well. ^_^
Very well indeed, I can't wait for quali & the race! Who knows, maybe Nando even has some pole surprises for us, but I doubt the Fezza is now as strong as the Red Bull in quali trim.

Yep, the off-throttle rulings had nothing to do with Ferrari's excellent pace last week. It looks like the new diffuser, rear-wing, floor and exhausts that were introduced in Britain are working well. ^_^

This is so reminiscent of 2010's form guide in terms of pace that it's painful, Red Bull with the edge, McLaren main challengers in the first half of the season and Ferrari taking that role in the second half. :shock:

I hope it'll rain, even though the races are exciting enough this year, I always get excited like a little kid when I see that the race is going to be wet. :D

But hopefully Charlie will let them race now, instead of endless SC and red flag periods.

I as well, i think the FIA agrees so thats why they build tracks in the middle of the sand boxes...oh wait

This is so reminiscent of 2010's form guide in terms of pace that it's painful, Red Bull with the edge, McLaren main challengers in the first half of the season and Ferrari taking that role in the second half. :shock:

I actually realised this just today, it's uncanny!

This is shaping up to be a really interesting race, may set the tone for the remainder of the season. At least I hope it will, it's getting good! (FIA bull excepted. Nothing new there, though.) Shame I won't be able to follow the race much, I have to be in bed early to start uni on Monday. So I'll be catching up with the results later.

Alonso to crash the German's party? :ninja:

Last edited:
Any predictions for Karun Chandok's qualifying position? I'm guessing 21, with Glock pipping him.

Ferrari and Red Bull are so close on qualifying pace, it's going to be a might battle for the front row today. Also, Alonso doing only one run on the option is a bit strange, I think he could have gone faster had he done a second one.

Qualy has set up what should be a mouth-watering race to the first corner tomorrow...

Hamilton on front row!! :woot:

i started watching thinking "here we go for another disappointing qualification..."
i wasn't expecting any like this. my heart is pumping like hell :D

and congrats to webber for his pole! but he can't start, so at first corner hamilton in first position? :wishfullthinking:

What an shock! Vettel 3rd.

Webber and Hamilton's lap is epic. Can't wait for the race start.

Must've been a hell of a lap from Hamilton. At no stage prior to qualifying did he look like even getting near the Bulls or Alonso. Great lap by Webber and good to see Ricciardo closer to Liuzzi.

Webber willl start like shit, Vettel goes 1, Hamilton start shoving around and gets into a brawl with the poor Webber. Meanwhille, at Ferrari...I don't know what. Best possible scenario is for Alonso to bypass the battling Web and Ham.

Dunno, Massa has a good race for like the first 500 feet and then sets off into the sunset. I was thinking the same thing though Schumi... Or Hamilton will bum rush the shit out of someone with bonzai move and go out like Tora Takagi.

Vettel not on pole. Fuck yes!

Won't matter, hes good at starts so he'll jump everyone.

Webber willl start like shit, Vettel goes 1, Hamilton start shoving around and gets into a brawl with the poor Webber. Meanwhille, at Ferrari...I don't know what. Best possible scenario is for Alonso to bypass the battling Web and Ham.

P much this.