2011 Formula 1 Hungarian Grand Prix

Simply amazing. A perfect weekend for Jenson I imagine.

As far as the championship goes, Vettel can now comfortably finish 3rd in every race from now on and he'll still be the world champion.

Last edited:
Thoroughly enjoyed the race. I'm kid of resigned to Vettel and Red Blue taking both championships I just hope that McClaren and Ferrari can push them as hard as possible and keep things interesting. And at least the current regs have finally made F1 more entertaining than it has been for at least 15 years.

Lots of history in this weekend. It's the 75th anniversary of the Hungarian GP.

Eh? It only started in 1986...

http://jalopnik.com/5825586/budapests-secret-grand-prix-street-circuit

great race! shame for hamilton though, although a drive through was fitting, those were unnecessary risks he took by spinning his car like that in front of...euhm, di resta?
and it was his call to switch to the wets, so no one to blame except himself really

congrats to button! and a shame about alonso's spin at the end, i would've loved seeing him taking place 2...(not saying he would've without the spin)

Maybe cos he extended his lead to a new max

I always thought that was the point of the championship. Oh well, you learn new things every day

Hard to take risks when you're leading by huge margins

He was hardly dominant last year either, and as I remember, hardly took any risks. The most interesting part about Vettel last year was the unreliable car.

Anyway I'm enjoying more and more Vettel doing well, cos for some reason it pisses McMerc fans so much.

Really? I don't really give a toss who wins as long as Vettel isn't on the podium these days.

again, hamilton being a knob as he showed no concern over other racers by doing that 180 turn. It could of ended in a massive accident if Di Resta was any closer.

the penalty served him right.

So DC and Brundle were wrong in saying he shouldn't have been given a penalty?

If there are cars coming in a fast succession, how are you otherwise supposed to turn the car around?

Last edited:
Yes it was. And there was no crash, was there?

That is the worst excuse for a reckless move ever. And it wasn't even a risky overtaking move or something - I can see why people defend him for those. But that?

If there are cars coming in a fast succession, how are you otherwise supposed to turn the car around?

Wait for a gap where you won't risk a huge crash and force other cars off the road? Yeah, sucks for him, but those are the consequences of a driving mistake, imo.

Last edited:
Hero of the race is the marshal who walked in and tried to extinguish the fire on Heidfeld's car. And surviving a explosion.

He hasn't taken any risks all season long.

Yes...

And those who were taking risks, where exactly are they now in the championship? 88 points behind him at least, right?

mpicco said:
Anyway I'm enjoying more and more Vettel doing well, cos for some reason it pisses McMerc fans so much.
Really? I don't really give a toss who wins as long as Vettel isn't on the podium these days.

Yeah, it really does. Cos it's like a window to the past, like if I was in the forums with all of wonderful trolls back in 2003 or something. It's like watching you cry cos that damn cheater Schumacher and Ferrari, who obviously bribes the FIA, are getting away with it all, waah waah.

Go Go Seb.

Also, Boom goes the dynamite:

Last edited:
So DC and Brundle were wrong in saying he shouldn't have been given a penalty?

Later they acknowledged he forced another car off the track which is forbidden in the rules. Do stuff against the rules, get penalty. Nothing to do with Ali G.

If there are too many cars around to turn the car safely you either wait or go forward out of their way. You don't spin the car in heavy traffic in the middle of the track.

Great victory by Button, he drove the best of them all so it was fully deserved win.

Vettel was a bit lucky with all these mistakes by others. But then again, like many of you said - he didn't take any unnecessary risks and drove quite good.

At the beginning Alonso was so fast, but all these mistakes put him in the traffic (behind Mercs and Webber). So he can also say that the podium finish was thanks to some luck.

So Hamilton...

The same what everyone else do at situation like this. Wait for a big enough gap. At first from his onboard it looked very stupid, but yes, if it wasn't intentional and he really didn't see di Resta it's case closed with a penalty and apology.

And once again Massa had a different strategy and it didn't work. Not only he can't drive as good as Alonso, also it seems that Ferrari takes too much risk with his strategy.

Jake and Martin need to be quiet about...
"I'm glad we do this on the BBC forum"
"A world exclusive here for the BBC"
"I hope you've enjoyed our coverage so far on the the BBC"

Jake seems to be annoyed the most.

If there are too many cars around to turn the car safely you either wait or go forward out of their way. You don't spin the car in heavy traffic in the middle of the track.

/signed

Besides that, great driving by Hamilton.
Drive of the day: diResta and Button

Last edited:
Hamilton has some sympathy from me, take the penalty or get "T" boned and be put out of the race. Paul Di Resta drove well all race IMHO. Fair enough race really, quite exciting actually.

Di Resta Had great drive today! Force India is getting closer and closer of Sauber on points.

Kobas 2-stop strategy was a bit optimistic :lol:

Email or Tweet #JakehumphreyF1 and ask them. The BBC F1 Forum is on at about 15:30 UK time. DC doesn't seem to have a Twitter account.

(See BBC Sport Website for more details, click Forumla 1)

Awesome, thanks for the tip!

Pretty good race again, I reckon.

A bit crazy with the start on inters, then change, then rain again but not much, etc.

It looked like HAM was going to win, but the rain gods and spin plus the penalty rather put a stop to that idea. Very mature response after the race from him, with an appology to DIR as well.

Strong result for VET in comming second, with another podium for ALO as well. He also showed he can race in passing ALO.

The McLarens and Ferraris are looking like a good match for the RBs, shame the season didn't start out this way.

Well done to BUT for the win and another good result for the rookie DIR, his best finish in F1.

:)