2011 Formula 1 Santander British Grand Prix

Sorry buddy just got a tiny bit excited with everything that was happening at the end, sorry if i offended you.

"Keep the gap"... Well Horner ofc wanted both cars to finnish but obviously Vettel gained advantage of that 'team order'.

Shame that Di Resta's race went straight to hell.

Tyremaster Perez took 7th! Was really hoping to see him take Rosberg though.

Can't wait for the post race interviews/conference. Did Webber just walk straight off the podium?

They're just replaying the last lap onboard from Web. No doubt he could have taken Vettel, clearly backed off.

Last edited:
"Keep the gap"... Well Horner ofc wanted both cars to finnish but obviously Vettel gained advantage of that 'team order'.

Shame that Di Resta's race went straight to hell.

Fail of the race has to be the pit crew of Force India and to a certain extent, McLaren. Hamilton's driving covered much of it for the guys in rocket red.

Tyremaster Perez took 7th! Was really hoping to see him take Rosberg though.

Can't wait for the post race interviews/conference. Did Webber just walk straight off the podium?

I like the title given to Perez. + repped! :lol:

Last edited:
Its nice to have a new winner for this season!
I really have a hatred for team orders...
Perez was really impressive today and Heidfeld was good too.

Wow. What. A. Race. I think that's comparable to Canada. Wow. Just...............wow.

I'd like to begin with

VETTEL: DENIED BIATTCCHHH!!!!!!!!!!!! BWWAHAHAHAHAHHA (also team orders)

HAM/MASSA: What a fight, what a fight. I feel bad for HAM that he had to save fuel but I guess you can go backwards in saying that he wouldn't have had that pace with "normal" fuel.

HAM/VETTEL: Who says Vettel can't wheel to wheel? (Actually I do) LOOK HOW CLOSE HE GOT! Great defending from HAM too. Just a great fight really, sad to see it ended as quickly as it started though. (dam you strategists)

MSC: Pulled a Button there lol. Amazing run from 16 to what was it, 9? I wished they could've squeezed more footage of the Red Baron domming the entire field.

BUEMI: FAPFAPFAPFAPFAPFAPFAPFAPFAPFAP

BUTTON: Why did he retire? He could've just rolled back to get the wheel tightened up.....

Overall, a flippin brilliant race, and we not TOO much of DRS bullshit going on. Awesome awesome.

Last edited:
This just in...a new classified ad appeared on jobs.com - "Looking for a decent mechanic, old one was sacked. Should be able to fasten lug nuts. For contact: Mr. Whitmarsh"

It wasn't the wheel-nut guy. It was the lollipop guy that didn't wait for the signal from the wheel-nut guy.

Poor show @ Red Bull re: team orders. I so hoped Mark would get past Vettel after hearing that, just to stick it to them. I'm glad Mark ignored them. Horner seemed very annoyed in the interview.

DC suggested that the Hamilton Massa battle may go to the stewards because there was contact. If that happens, it's a good thing I have no faith left in the stewards, otherwise I'd lose all I had.

Last edited:
They're just replaying the last lap onboard from Web. No doubt he could have taken Vettel, clearly backed off.

Well those two have a bit of a history of piling into each others cars, so Horner just didn't want to throw away a double podium by a last lap clash. It's a bit of a bummer for all those who do wish some hideous ailment on 'ze eevil german', but perfectly understandable from the teams point of view. You mustn't forget that each and every placing makes a difference in money for next season.

Nice race by Alonso. Ferrari used the gifted advantage from the anti-RB rule-changes perfectly. Interestingly enough, instead of RB, McMerc and Renault seem to be hit the hardest by the FIA meddling.

BBC to Horn: "I thought Red Bull is a team that don't give team orders?"

Well that was entertaining.

:D

It wasn't the wheel-nut guy. It was the lollipop guy that didn't wait for the signal from the wheel-nut guy.

I think they were both at fault. Watch the replay. The driver side mechanic managed to screw on the nut as soon as the tire was on the wheel. The one on the passenger side was faffing about.