2011 Formula 1 Season Thread

At first I read "Suzuka is an interesting track" and I facedesked but then I saw the "also quite" and I facedesked again.

I love Canada because it's always awesome to watch (even further established this year) but I think if I were to drive a circuit, probably Monaco and Suzuka.

Really? I think Spa is the best track, but I would probably put Suzuka in second place. Maybe its from the hours I have driven around it in driving games, but its a really cool track and it seems well hosted. The Canadian GP is definitely one of the better circuits full stop, but definitely towards the top of Street circuits. Monaco wins hands down in the "atmosphere" category.

All this said, I'm not sure this is the right thread for this discussion.

This man talks more like a mafia boss than a GP boss. Ambulances? Really? In F1 races costing millions get cancelled because of a lack of vans with a bit of medication in them? Yeah, right.

Bahrain GP boss criticises Formula 1 teams over Sakhir race decision

"They're going to the US next year," Alzayani told the London Evening Standard. "What about Guantanamo? Isn't that human rights violation? As Bernie [Ecclestone] told me, 'If human rights was the criterion for F1 races, we would only have them in Belgium and Switzerland in the future'."

I think Bernie needs to brush up on his history.

I think Bernie needs to brush up on his history.
Not to mention what the Swiss are up to lately:
4127392589_ce0ca757b3.jpg

That isn't over yet?!
As the Swiss approved of both a minaret ban and the instant extortion of "criminal foreigners" (not only including "russian" rapists and "arab" muggers as the posters suggest, but also tax evaders and other white-collar delinquents from EU countries, breaking international contracts) it is not over until they vote it away.

But as this is not the Politics section, let's move on.

Additionally, F1 in Switzerland? Yeah, right. They banned circuit racing in '58.

Recently unbanned I believe, which may also lead to it not being such a tax haven for motorsport people.

It's like they say in Italian; "the Swiss are assholes in 4 languages."

Was that really necessary? Starting another shitstorm?

Was that really necessary? Starting another shitstorm?
Luckily, so far no one has stepped up to defend Switzerland's racist laws, thus no shitstorm has begun yet.

I am against any religion. I don't discriminate. Also, being anti islam has nothing to do with racism.

The engine mode ban has been lifted and will be reverted to Valencia spec in Germany. Confirmed by the FIA.

Good. There needs to be a rule that prevents the FIA to meddle with any rule that is not directly related to safety during the season.

If you held an F1 race somewhere in the middle of the alps, those engines would echo through 4 countries causing avalanches and killing thousands of people. It's a health and safety issue :D

Perez and Bianchi set for Ferrari trial

Perez and Bianchi set for Ferrari trial

Massa is definitely going to be out of Ferrari. They are looking at Perez and Bianchi in a test in September. Honestly, I've seen it coming. For a guy who has been loyal to the team for years... Things come and go... WTF what about Koboyashi? Japanese drivers get no love at all...

Both Perez, who made his grand prix debut this season with Sauber, and Bianchi, who claimed his first GP2 victory in a wet Race 1 at Silverstone last weekend, are part of the Ferrari Drivers' Academy.

The duo, both billed as stars of the future, are scheduled to take part in a test for Ferrari in September where they'll be behind the wheel of the Scuderia's 2009 F1 car.

"We will be back on track in September, at Mugello or Fiorano," said the FDA director Luca Baldisserri.

"It will be a very interesting test, because we will be putting Jules Bianchi and Sergio Perez up against one another.

"I think they will both be very motivated and for us it will be the perfect opportunity to assess both drivers."

But whether the test will lead to a Ferrari race-seat remains to be seen although rumours continue claiming Felipe Massa could be on his way out at the end of the season, opening the door for a new driver to partner Fernando Alonso.