2011 Formula 1 Shell Belgian Grand Prix

9604631.jpg
thumb.php

Win :lol:

So is Massa again! :p

Hamilton gets a reprimand and Maldonado a 5-place grid drop for the incident at the end of Q2, according to the 5Live commentators on Twitter (Ant and Crofty).

Hamilton gets a reprimand and Maldonado a 5-place grid drop for the incident at the end of Q2, according to the 5Live commentators on Twitter (Ant and Crofty).

Glad it ended this way. That crash looked to me like Maldonado was pissed for Hamilton's (rather aggressive, admittedly) pass on the last lap, but can you blame him? He was in the dropoff at 13th and Maldo was slowing up his last lap.. Glad the stewards saw it this way, too.

Today's result was a good one, in my opinion. Sad for Button and Ferrari, but Hamilton worked hard for that time, and Vettel ran a fantastic lap to get to pole position. This was an exciting qualifying session.

Also! Bravo Senna!

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/94028

Official confirmation, both drivers were guilty of causing collisions under article 16.1 apparently. So basically Hamilton got the blame for the Bus Stop incident (which didn't cause any damage to either car) and Maldonado for the one after La Source (which ended with Hamilton without a front wing and damaged suspension).

I was just glad seeing Senna driving a black and gold Lotus into good grid positions once again in history.
</nostalgia from before I could walk>

Also, there must be a limit number of reprimands a driver can take before it turns into an actual penalty, right? I think Hamilton went past that limit 3 years ago but he keeps getting away with this kinda shit.

Last edited:
Fuck the Hamilton/Maldonado bash-a-thon. OMG at the Senna name in Q3. OMG at Alguersuari. OMG at Massa outqualifying Eyebrows.

Fuck the Hamilton/Maldonado bash-a-thon. OMG at the Senna name in Q3. OMG at Alguersuari. OMG at Massa outqualifying Eyebrows.

I can't OMG at any of the final results in quali, it was a matter of luck and catching the track at it's driest... it will be interesting tomorrow.

Senna can elevate himself into legend status, as his uncle, if he wins tomorrows race in the rain.

Senna can elevate himself into legend status, as his uncle, if he wins tomorrows race in the rain.

very unlikely for it to happen.

I can't OMG at any of the final results in quali, it was a matter of luck and catching the track at it's driest... it will be interesting tomorrow.

i can about senna's result, he was strong in each of the 3 sessions
didn't see that one coming...

button and alonso were caught by the conditions though :(

Now is got the tool... Dope black is back

rena_petr_hung_2011-3.jpg

Last edited:
Seeing Bruno in that car is almost creepy (I don't necessarily mean that as a bad thing)... but I'm really happy for him. Jaime too! :clap:

I hope the race lives up to the usual Spa expectations and/or someone really random wins from out of nowhere (i.e. their name is not Sebastian.) :lol: Seriously, an epic race at this track is just what I need to revive my flagging interest in F1 atm.

Last edited:
Seeing Bruno in that car is almost creepy (I don't necessarily mean that as a bad thing)... but I'm really happy for him. Jaime too! :clap:

I hope the race lives up to the usual Spa expectations and/or someone really random wins from out of nowhere (i.e. their name is not Sebastian.) :lol: Seriously, an epic race at this track is just what I need to revive my flagging interest in F1 atm.

Same here bro...........erm.....sis.

I'm almost certain vet will win this one if he's not pressured in the first corner. We all know hamilton and webber's "relationship".

Oh just be happy for Felipe. Alonso does not have an impressive track record here, but I'm satisfied to see him qualify well. He needs to get on the fucking ball though, he needs a podium and this is a great opportunity for him... Success breeds confidence, which is what he lacks...

Great job by Jaime, but alas he and Buemi are fucked in the ass. Vergne is going to start getting seat time and Riccardo is coming in. Also, Mark has extended his contract to 2012. Four drivers for two seats...

Link:http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/formula_one/14684084.stm

Last edited:
Confused as to Hamilton's reprimand to be honest. When the contact happened he was if anything a few inches ahead, at least completely alongside on the inside. Maldonado just didn't see him and took the normal line when he shouldn't have. If you're going to reprimand Lewis for that you'd have to reprimand any driver who made an overtake who was then turned in on.

Good job by Senna, interested to see if he can hold it in the race or falls back.

The BBC Schumy history, for some reason they're playing The All Spark off the Transformers soundtrack.