2011 MLB Regular Season

- Mauer is sick. Sick sick, not awesome sick.
- The Cardinals' bats are on fire.
- Ozzie Guillen "don't have any closer".
- Seeing Marlon Byrd batting 3rd in the Cubs lineup every day makes me want to cry.

Am I still the only Royals fan on FinalGear, or are all the rest just scared to admit it? GO ROYALS!!

Oh yeah, and for all of you who predicted that my Royals will finish last... hell freaking no.

- The Rox are on fire.
- Starlin Castro is in beast mode.
- Mike Leake's mugshot is awesome:

leake-mugshot.jpg

Thank goodness for the Blue Jays...:p

- The Rox are on fire.

Funny you said that yesterday because really they must be on fire because they spent all night fanning themselves as they almost went hitless against Timmy.

Funny you said that yesterday because really they must be on fire because they spent all night fanning themselves as they almost went hitless against Timmy.
Jeez, that was bad. :p

Jimenez returns tonight and faces Dirty Sanchez. :eek:

Thank goodness for the Blue Jays...:p

My team is retarded. I'm officially done with this season because they just have so many holes. I had an awful feeling when Anthopoulos traded Marcum and I've been proven right only 17 games into the season. Better luck next year I guess, at least I still have my fantasy team.

Jeez, that was bad. :p

Jimenez returns tonight and faces Dirty Sanchez. :eek:
Yeah I thought it was pretty epic ;)

Well looks like Jimenez still has a lot of rust to work off and Sanchez has been efficiently wild... I swear this guy has filthy stuff if only he could learn to control it

- Braun got paid.
- Of course Sam Fuld leaves the Cubs and turns into fucking Ty Cobb Jr. in Tampa... only half-kidding. :p
- The Dodgers are in deep doo-doo.
- The Rox' bats have gone quiet. :(
- I hate rain.

So I think I officially like baseball now, after finally fully understanding a game (last night's Mets vs. Diamondbacks). That said, Diamondbacks really threw it away.

So I think I officially like baseball now, after finally fully understanding a game (last night's Mets vs. Diamondbacks). That said, Diamondbacks really threw it away.

If you're truly interested in learning more about about the game, I'd recommend picking up the Baseball Field Guide.

Great little resource... everyone seems to find it very easy to understand (lots of cool pictures/diagrams/etc).

Oh, and welcome. :)

- Playoffs will be expanded to 10 teams in '12, according to Selig.
- Feliz to the DL.
- Castro is god.

Pretty cool little optical illusion on how a curve ball looks to a batter...click me.

So, this is a story about a player in tampa that the Boston Fans on here may know well ;) . its a fun story so if you love baseball you will enjoy it nomatter your team (i think)

This is just part of the story, Here is the full article

The familiar maxim, bestowed upon us by the newspaper reporter in "The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance," is as follows: When the legend becomes fact, print the legend.

With more than 200 million people getting their "facts" from Twitter these days, we might as well heed that advice. So here goes:

? Sam Fuld once hit a grand slam off the ceremonial first pitch.

? When Blue Oyster Cult recorded "Don't Fear the Reaper," the producer said he wanted "more Sam Fuld."

? Superman wears Sam Fuld pajamas to bed.

? Seventy-five percent of the world is covered by water; the other 25 percent is covered by Sam Fuld.

? The Tampa Bay Rays have renamed their home stadium Tropicana Fuld.

? Sam Fuld has only been thrown out at home once. By Sam Fuld.

And so on, and so on.

But as much as the "Legend of Sam Fuld" is an entertaining Twitter trend, the real story behind Fuld's rise to fame with the Rays is captivating of its own accord.

After all, you won't find any other 5-foot-9 (he's listed in the media guide at 5-foot-10, so it's safe to take at least an inch off that), New Hampshire-born, Jewish, diabetic outfielders in the Baseball Encyclopedia. And you'd be equally hard-pressed to find anybody who predicted the immediate impact Fuld has had since Manny Ramirez went abruptly into that good night.

Fuld is batting .346 with a homer, six doubles, two triples, eight RBIs and 10 stolen bases in 20 games. Combine those numbers with his defensive dexterity, which manager Joe Maddon said is right in line with what his club used to receive from Carl Crawford, and you see the spark Fuld has provided for a Rays team that has rebounded from a 1-8 start to win 10 of its past 13 games.

All this has served to make Fuld an instant, albeit unlikely, celebrity.

That status was created the night of April 11, when Fuld turned Fenway Park into his personal playground with a 4-for-6 performance -- a would-be cycle had he not stretched the base hit in his last at-bat into a double. It is augmented with each eye-catching catch and each tall-tale tweet, and it has been cemented by the May 29 promotion the Rays have lined up. Rather than giving out a Ramirez bobblehead doll, they'll be handing out "Super Sam" capes to the kids.

The 29-year-old Fuld, a Stanford-educated math whiz who once interned at Chicago-based STATS LLC, is too in tune with the game's numerical rhythms to think he can keep up his torrid pace. Even his starting opportunity might be fleeting, given that top prospect Desmond Jennings is looming in Triple-A.

Yet that hasn't kept Fuld from enjoying the ride.

"It's a great opportunity," Fuld said, "and an unexpected one. But I've been around the game enough to know these sorts of things happen. It can work for you and against you. When you get these chances, you've got to try to make the most of them and try not to get too caught up in it all."

No matter how "The Legend of Sam Fuld" evolves in the coming months, for the son of Amanda Merrill, New Hampshire state senator, and Kenneth Fuld, dean of the College of Liberal Arts at the University of New Hampshire, to even be in the big leagues is a testament to his determination and doggedness.

Another quality outing for Britton. :dance: Hopefully we can steal this series from the Sox and get back on track.