2011 Mustang V8 5.0 412hp

I honestly don't understand why the GT500 is 300+ pounds heavier. I understand that the bigger brakes will add weight and maybe the supercharger adds a few pounds. Looks like the trick thing in '11 will be adding a blower to the GT for more power than the GT500...

I can see it. Supercharger + intercooler + bigger brakes + etc. It all adds up.

I honestly don't understand why the GT500 is 300+ pounds heavier. I understand that the bigger brakes will add weight and maybe the supercharger adds a few pounds. Looks like the trick thing in '11 will be adding a blower to the GT for more power than the GT500...

The brakes' weight is negligible in this comparison, the main point is that the GT500 has a 5.4L while the Mustang GT makes do with the 4.6L. Also, as far as I know, the Mustang GT has an aluminum block while the GT500 has an iron block.

Last edited:
Damn, Between this and the Raptor, I really want a ford. SHEEEEEEEEEEIIIIIIIIIIITTTTTT!!!!

I might have to give up my chevy love.

And become a Mopar guy.... <_<

Doesn't the Shelby GT500 use the Iron block 5.4l and not the aluminum one from the GT500? The regular GT's use aluminum engines.

The brakes' weight is negligible in this comparison, the main point is that the GT500 has a 5.4L while the Mustang GT makes do with the 4.6L. Also, as far as I know, the Mustang GT has an aluminum block while the GT500 has an iron block.

Displacement doesn't necessarily mean weight increase. I haven't looked into it, but if the 5.4L is just bored out it should weigh the same.

So last gen had 300 hp, this gen has 412 hp so next gen will have 565hp!

IIRC the V6 is getting a boost to the tune of 300 HP next year as well.

20-grand car with 300 horses... winrar.

Ford, I hate you.

Make the Purple and Lambo Green available in Canada please. We're sick of red/blue/black/white.

Yes I think Ford should bring back the insane options list that the car originally pioneered.

At least 30 colors
At least 3 different body styles (fast back, coupe, vert)
Multiple interior configurations (different consoles, seat styles, dashboard options)
Multiple engines (base V6, 4.6 V8, 5.4 iron V8, 5.0 V8, 5.4 aluminum V8, 6.2 V8 with superchargers optional)
Different transmission options (5 speed/6 speed auto/dsg/manual)
Rear axle ratios
Rear axle types(solid rear/IRS)
At least 15 wheel styles
A few suspension options
Different vinyl schemes for the body

Back in the '60s you could option out a car so distinctly that there would be literally no other car like it made. In fact there is a '67 vert around here that, with its options, is a 1 of 1 car in existence. Probably wouldn't work on the modern production ideology, but screw that!

Last edited:
Displacement doesn't necessarily mean weight increase. I haven't looked into it, but if the 5.4L is just bored out it should weigh the same.

5.4 is the tall deck version. Its what the 351 was to the 302. Same architecture...just more of it.:p

Back in the '60s you could option out a car so distinctly that there would be literally no other car like it made. In fact there is a '67 vert around here that, with its options, is a 1 of 1 car in existence. Probably wouldn't work on the modern production ideology, but screw that!
I think that modern technology would make an options list like that even easier. It's the modern accountants that are the problems ;). If I could get a Mustang with a "Track Pack" IRS, a 6 speed and the EcoBoost V6 ... I'd use tuition money for the down payment.

Damn! I love the fact that my 9 year old camaro can beat a new mustang. TBH In a year or 2 I would love to trade in my camaro for the 2011 mustang. Also does anyone know if Ford is sticking with a 5 speed or is the new mustang gonna get a 6 speed finally?

I hope they go six speed manual. Then put in a huge 6th OD like your Camaro. 30mpg HWY in a V8... yes please.

Yes I think Ford should bring back the insane options list that the car originally pioneered.

At least 30 colors
At least 3 different body styles (fast back, coupe, vert)
Multiple interior configurations (different consoles, seat styles, dashboard options)
Multiple engines (base V6, 4.6 V8, 5.4 iron V8, 5.0 V8, 5.4 aluminum V8, 6.2 V8 with superchargers optional)
Different transmission options (5 speed/6 speed auto/dsg/manual)
Rear axle ratios
Rear axle types(solid rear/IRS)
At least 15 wheel styles
A few suspension options
Different vinyl schemes for the body

I do know through my Limey friends that with the 2006 Lime Mustangs it got as low as 1 of 1 cars being produced due to a option package (Convertible V6 Auto, Charcoal Interior, 16" Steel wheels, option package 64C). There are at least three different configurations with 2 of 2 cars. In 2005 the lowest it got was 6 of 6. Just as far as the lime Mustangs go they made 13,827 total of 325,349 total mustangs from 2005 and 2006- 4.24%.

IIRC the V6 is getting a boost to the tune of 300 HP next year as well.

20-grand car with 300 horses... winrar.

I'm hoping it doesn't sell for much less than the current V6, because you can get a base manual V6 for around $14,995 USD.