2011 NHL Off Season

DubyaStep

Tampa, Florida but now in Casselberry for school
Car(s)
Ford Thundercougarfalconbird
Ok, so, the cup has been handed out and its time for awards, the draft and free agents. Any predictions?

as far as the awards, all i care about is Marty St Louis win MVP

Free Agents, well, the only thing people in Tampa want to see is that we go get Brad Richards back, if they do that then this fan base will explode with support. Im talking filled arena everynight. We should have never let him go but now we have a good owner and GM who is willing to do what we ask of them if it makes sense. great men and a proud team.

so, whats up with your team this off season?

Pekka Rinne finishes second for the Vezina.

Free agents, only one that is a must-sign is Shea Weber. But he's a RFA, and the Predators have filed for arbitration with Weber, so other teams putting up offers on him are prohibited during arbitration. So he should be pretty well taken care of as far as signing goes.

New road jerseys are going to be debuted Saturday during the draft.

And right now that's all the news there is.

The Red Wings got some good news after having Brain Rafalski retire earlier this month. Nick Lidstrom will return for another season with the Wings. And Jaromir Jagr is interested in the Wings, or is he simply playing the Wings and Pens against each other?

im just waiting a result to bergenheims situation. i would love to see him continue in tampa + ville leino in philly too.

Dan Bylsma is nominated for the Jack Adams. I hope he wins; bringing the team around from a losing record to the playoffs in 25 games and then winning the Stanley Cup should be enough, imho, before one even considers the challenge of tying an AHL team with the division leader.

Roster moves, we're going to lose someone dear to the team, no doubt about it. Radio hosts point to Max Talbot not getting resigned, but I think they'll cut Dupuis and replace him with some Baby Penguins talent like Brett Sterling. Aside from that, I think most if not all of our draft picks will start in Scranton.

im just waiting a result to bergenheims situation. i would love to see him continue in tampa + ville leino in philly too.

not sure leino will come back to philly. he's a good player, and the flyers would love for him to stay, but i don't think they can afford him, what with signing bryzgalov and all. i also hope they can fit bryzgalov in without having to trade carle or carter.

Stamkos and the new TB uniforms are on the cover of NHL 12.

https://pic.armedcats.net/p/pe/pelicanhazard/2011/06/23/stamkosnhl12cover.jpg

Congrats to Nick Lidstrom on winning his seventh Norris trophy.

WHAT THE SHIT?!?

9 year deal for a 30 year goalie, jeff carter AND mike richards traded?!

Talk to me about the draft tomorrow, when Nashville actually has picks. :p

Also, if I were Winnipeg, I wouldn't release the team name before their first pick in the draft.

I'd be very surprised if it's not Nugent-Hopkins. He's pretty much a shoe-in for #1.

Looks like the Winnipeg Jets are officially back!

http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=369842

damn you! you beat me to it. Im very happy they chose "Jets". they really had no choice. all that shit they were saying was just trying to keep people from forging the shit. (like i said)

Now what airline will sponsor the arena?