2011 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs

As usual, the Caps have to make it an OT game.

Gonna be an interesting series.

Marc Staal is seriously a garbage defense man. I have no diea why he is on the first line against Ovechkin... he screwed up on both goals BIG time and look horrible out there. I feel bad for Girardi having to play with him.

Yeah, between Pittsburgh and Tampa for this first game, the first two periods were really just a battle of the goaltenders (Go Fleury! :p). Things fell apart for Tampa about half-way through the third period when Pittsburgh scored two goals within seconds, then an empty net goal towards the end...

This is going to be an interesting playoff, no doubt about it.

yea, that was a great game. tampa just seemed deflated after the goals. its a young team with a rookie coach, nobody in tampa expected the playoffs this year so now that we are there we are happy about that. it was a great game up till then, that goalie was epic and if we can beat him then we will be fine. IMO he is the only thing that stopped us tonight, it should have been 4-2 tampa.

4-1 Preds win! Corey Perry was being his usual shitty self, Shea Weber and Mike Fisher were trending worldwide on Twitter and Pekka Rinne keeps showing why he's in the Vezina conversation.

Boston-Montreal. If I'm not otherwise occupied, I'll be watching that. It'll be interesting to see how the two feel each other out given what's happened this year.

Wow, Carey Price was an absolute wall tonight.

So was Ryan Miller for the Sabres. Flyers couldn't get the puck past him (final score 1-0 Sabres).

Wow, Carey Price was an absolute wall tonight.

So was Ryan Miller for the Sabres. Flyers couldn't get the puck past him (final score 1-0 Sabres).

after what MA Flur did to my Bolts the other night...Year of the Goalie? Jeez! (i know its only game 1's but damn!)

Watching the Kings/Sharks go to OT

after what MA Flur did to my Bolts the other night...Year of the Goalie? Jeez! (i know its only game 1's but damn!)

Watching the Kings/Sharks go to OT

If you watched any Montreal games where they won, Price basically played that way.

If you watched any Montreal games where they won, Price basically played that way.

yup, i watched some! thats my point, these goalies need to be beat down. its like F1, no matter what they do to "create more passing" they just keep going faster and defending harder. In the NHL no matter what they do to create more scoring the goalies just get better!

Wow, talk about dropping the ball!
What the hell happened to the Pens defense?

Seriously, we were good on Wednesday, but right now we are sucking!

Speaking of the Pens, where is Crosby? It is looking really bad that the guy that hit him did not get suspended.

He was up in the booth viewing the game.

He's been practicing more and more with the team. Though I'm not going to say anything about him returning or not 'cause I'll probably jinx it...

Anyways, tonight's game was just BS! What the hell happened?!? We did well in the first game, but then fell to pieces. 5-1 loss...

So it's 1-all now. Next game Monday. Let's hope the Pens get their act together between now and then, especially defense!

Fan ejected and fine $500 after throwing octopus on the ice.

A couple of choice quotes from the article:

The interesting part is that the Wings are not the ones asking for it. According to Officer Bullock, they're fine with the tradition, and even like it. And I gather the police aren't big fans of enforcing it either.

We have tremendous respect for the custom. We get that part. But not to the point of indulging improper behavior from spectators.

Also note, the fan did have a couple of cocktails and the state of Michigan has a law pertaining to that. That's most likely where the fine came from.

Wow, talk about dropping the ball!
What the hell happened to the Pens defense?

Seriously, we were good on Wednesday, but right now we are sucking!

the pens are fine, its just that Tampa showed up tonight. game 1 jitters gone