2011 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs

Congrats Boston for a well earned Cup. Disappointed, yes but Tim Thomas was amazing and stole the show. Boston's been having a pretty good streak with major sports championships lately. :D

I can't believe they let Luongo out in game 7, the dude is afraid of the puck.

Schenider is from Marblehead so they knew where his allegiances lied.

Congrats are in order for Boston and Tim Thomas in particular. A well-earned Conn Smythe and, I'm as certain as most everyone else, a Vezina. I would love for Rinne to sneak in and steal it, but that will have to wait until next year.

It's going to take a while to get over this one. I'd really would like to say 'grats to Boston but I'm far too disappointed.

Congrats to Boston, I think the game tonight showed that while the Canucks are a top-tier team, they still dont have the heart to be champs.

Pretty sure Timmy's a shoe-in for the Vezina now.

Go B's! :D And stay classy, Vancouver. *shakes head*

Good game Boston, you certainly deserved it.

As for some of the so called "fans" shame on you. I am disgusted.

I know very little about sports, but it seems like neither the team nor the fans deserved the Stanley Cup.

Fucking pathetic sacks of shit, it's now basically full scale looting and rioting. Suck it up and go home, my property taxes are already ridiculous as it is.

Well, the way I see it, is the majority of fans were down there for a good time. But there was a core group of people bent on destruction regardless of whether we won or lost. They just wanted to see '94 over again.

That's always the case. What I don't understand is all these other people just standing there enjoying the chaos, taking photos and videos on their phones - if they dispersed then the police could deal with the small number of troublemakers who probably planned on this from way earlier.

Two words, Mob Mentality.

One of my favourite quotes is; "A Person is smart, People are stupid."

Just can't believe this. As a group, people are bound to do something stupid (in a situation like this). Now thanks to them, we're going to have to swallow a big bill by the end of this.

Last edited:
Not only a big bill, but Vancouver will once again become the "no fun" city it is known to be. We had something good going there for a while, since the Olympics, but I think it's probably over now.

I can't wait till Bill Simmons writes an article about this, I think he's a great basketball and football writer, pretty enjoyable. He doesn't know his ass from his elbow in hockey, and is such a Boston homer, that it will just be dripping with that smugness that Boston sports fans have seem to gotten over the past decade or so.

That's always the case. What I don't understand is all these other people just standing there enjoying the chaos, taking photos and videos on their phones - if they dispersed then the police could deal with the small number of troublemakers who probably planned on this from way earlier.

Idiots + alcohol + disappointment= chaos.

Not only a big bill, but Vancouver will once again become the "no fun" city it is known to be. We had something good going there for a while, since the Olympics, but I think it's probably over now.

See, this is one thing that pisses me off. The officials kept hyping this series up like the Olympics, and so did the people.

Except nobody thought to themselves that we won the hockey game in the Olympics, nobody thought to themselves that that event had the benefit of the Olympics' billion dollar security infrastructure.

I will be fine if Vancouver remains a no fun city, I am thoroughly disappointed in what went on. I'm serious, I didn't even go to bed last night and just collapsed on my couch because I was just in such a state of shock. There is just no comparison made to the Olympics IMO, though there probably would be if we had lost because I don't think as a city we are very sportsmanlike.

Those of you who read these forums with regularity know how much any kind of spectacle downtown bothers me since I live in the city and since I have no interest in such social gatherings. For three years I watched them set up fan zones and close off major streets for events, and I thought I was just a no fun person who didn't want to see other having fun. But I was right, getting hundreds of thousands of people to pack into the downtown core is a bad idea, especially given our poor reaction in 1994.

Seriously, would it be any different in we lost the hockey final in the Olympics last year? When did Vancouver come really close to such a huge win in sports, lose it, and then people don't riot? Heck, we rioted when Axl Rose didn't show up to a GnR concert... maybe it's just the sting of watching yesterday's events, but I think under the pristine, open-minded and friendly image of Vancouver lies a city with as many problems as any other big city.

As a Bruins fan I'd like to say thanks for a good series and for the congrats! It's too bad idiot "fans" ruined your city last night :( I see people on Facebook and Twitter have already organized a clean up themselves, so that proves what a great bunch of people the real fans are.

I was downtown last night. Didn't need to watch the game while having dinner, just had to listen to the cheers coming from sports bars to know when the Bruins scored. Also got a front-row seat for the celebrations right by the Boston Common, watching the symphony of honking, revving engines, and chants of "We got the cup!". High-fived and fist-bumped quite a few strangers on my way to the subway. Shit was awesome yo. :thumbsup:

Just noticed that the smileys (always) have the Bruins colors.:cool: