2011 Shirts and merchandise

argatoga

Can't Start His Wank
Car(s)
'08 Pontiac Solstice GXP
It's never too early to start coming up with designs and ideas.

One of my ideas from S15 was a robin on its side or in the air with a cape, dunno about a caption :p

also, a finalgear sticker with a vorsprung durch badass below it, do want

Last edited:
I just want to know weeeel in advance when they go on sale. I was in England for almost a month when they were on sale and I missed out. :-(

Larger and different vinyl selection would be appreciated this year. <3

I nominate Redliner's BunnyPalio.

how about "I WAS the Stig, but then I wrote a book about it"

and then "stig with bullet holes" on the back?

lol, that would work, maybe " I was the stig and all i got was a lousy round in the back/crotch"

I'm all for simplicity of design and the executed Stig. Just "I was the Stig" and a Simpson helmet with a dripping bullet hole would be good. Bit violent though.

What about once again staying with FinalGear and not trying to one-up the BBC's TopGear merch section?

well, there's a fine line between finalgear memes and outright topgear copying, i dont think tg would market a bleeding stig helmet eg:

https://pic.armedcats.net/b/bl/blayde/2010/12/31/stigshot.jpg

(obviously a less detailed stig to print, but that vector of mine was open so i used it)

I just think we should completely stay away from The Stig and obvious TG references and keep it to in-jokes.

I just think we should completely stay away from The Stig and obvious TG references and keep it to in-jokes.

The trouble is what are we left with? Admittedly we could have Ice-related joke shirts until they come out of our ears but we have to give these some appeal to people who come here for TG alone. In jokes just wouldn't sell for the most part.

Shirts that are generally car related though like the 'Outlines' shirt and 'Don't charge, supercharge' will have an appeal to all car people.

The general automotive shirts are a good idea. It would lessen any chance of BBC related problems.

Posters would be nice too. Shirts are nice, but they do tend degrade overtime.

i think there's some Lemons jokes that can be made into epic shirts as well

i think there's some Lemons jokes that can be made into epic shirts as well

Even an idea for fund raising for the car. In addition to the FG shirts, have a FGR Team Supporter Shirt with the chicken on the back. Or just the logo.

What about once again staying with FinalGear and not trying to one-up the BBC's TopGear merch section?

Ah, but the t-shirts are ultimately there to support the site, things that sell well keep us in MHz.

Ah, but the t-shirts are ultimately there to support the site, things that sell well keep us in MHz.

As argatoga said above, general motoring related shirts are a good middle ground, but the whole Stig thingy is wearing off.

I nominate Redliner's BunnyPalio.
:lol:
Thanks, but that would have a very limited appeal to the general people.
I would love a t-shirt with a beat-up car going sideways and the saying: "It?s not what you drive..."