Jalopnik: 2011 Subaru WRX, STI: First Drive

My money would go to this (If we're talking new cars):

mitsubishi_evo_x.jpg

:whistle:

Reminds me too much of rice. :(

As I said, I'd rather have an Evo 9 or, even better, an Evo 6 TME, but if I was buying a brand new car I'd take the X in a heartbeat.

The sedan without the wing would look fantastic. I am one that believes when the owners of earlier gen STIs take the big wing off the back, they practically neuter the car. However this new gen, with it's mad wheel arches, would look better I think.

Either way, I am so happy the sedan is back.

I would usually agree on the wingless, but in this case I think it looks fugly without it.
2011_subaru_impreza_wrx_sedan_15_cd_gallery.jpg

(Base WRX Sedan, not photoshopped)

Think it has to deal with the small trunk.

Best is the WRX spoiler:
2011_subaru_impreza_wrx_sedan_6_cd_gallery.jpg

Why would he want a computer on four wheels? I would think he would want to experience the drive, and not have a car presume you are unable to operate it.

So the Mitsubishi Evo dosen't start because it is unreliable, but because it is trying to save the driver?

I may be the only one, but I love the sedan with the wing. Its over the top, unnecessary, and crazy. I like it. Some cars look good with wings, others don't. I do like the WRX spoiler.

I'm not feeling the 4 exhaust pipes. Seems wrong to me for this car. It should have one giant one :)

nice .... im getting more and more interested in the STI

every time I look at an evo i can't get rid of the image of a dodge caliber hidden underneath, but the fact that the evo only has a 5-speed is good enough for me to get the STI.

I would usually agree on the wingless, but in this case I think it looks fugly without it.
2011_subaru_impreza_wrx_sedan_15_cd_gallery.jpg

(Base WRX Sedan, not photoshopped)

Think it has to deal with the small trunk.

Best is the WRX spoiler:
2011_subaru_impreza_wrx_sedan_6_cd_gallery.jpg

No...wing or not, it's looks are beyond saving :lol:

So some dealerships are already getting STis. This guy on nasioc got his WRX today: http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2024534&page=3

I CANNOT WAIT ANYMORE! If Subaru doesn't release their lease rates soon I'm gonna jump on the g37 deals in my area.

You. Get outta here.:p

Whatever, I'm a former Subaru owner x 3, they were never good looking cars and even the owners agree with that. We bought them for their performance and abilities, not their aesthetics.

And don't fall back to the 'beauty is in the eye of the beholder thing' a parent may love his ugly child and think its the most beautiful child in the world, but it doesnt change the fact its an ugly kid ;p