Car(s)
Citroen ZX 1.4i Tonic
i30exterior.jpg

i30interior.jpg

Hyundai-i30-6911111039483551600x1060.jpg

Hyundai-i30-6911111039489641600x1060.jpg

Hyundai-i30-6911111038167431600x1060.jpg

:cool:

Hyundai are on a bit of a roll now. The 'fluidic sculpture' thing was a bit lost on the ix35, and the Elantra doesn't look that great IMO, but this is a truly good looking car. Same with the new Accent, that's one of the best looking small cars at the moment.

The current i30 is a very decent car. I know a guy who does Targa Tasmania in an i30 1.6 diesel, and he beats 911s and Evos out there.

Wooo snazzy, I'd buy one. But replace the i30? Already? It's hardly been out... well since 2007 apparently. Altough everybody bought Kia Cee?ds instead, so I'm thinking it was actually a 2009 car. Anyway, I'd buy that!

The back looks a lot like the new Astra and the entire body slopes down really abruptly. I'm sure it looks better in the metal but the pictures don't quite do it for me. Sorry Hyundai, maybe next time.

Good value over here, getting a better reputation than Korean cars of old too. Their technology is improving, the inside is better and the quality has improved - yes a good effort, Kia are getting better too.

When you take cost into consideration you could take one of these as a DD especially for the Mrs.

Review of the older one:

http://www.honestjohn.co.uk/carbycar/hyundai/i30-2007/

Last edited:
Is it just me who thinks Hyundai's look more and more French every day?

With a mouth like that I expect it to be making the sound the TARDIS makes when it lands.

I don't like those wheelarches. They look like the ones on the new Impreza and Legacy and i think the large "border" or whatever you can call it looks iffy. Otherwise a funky car.

I have to say some of the new Hyundai 'fluidic sculpture' designs are a little too much even for me, esp the Elantra, and that's where some of the more sharper edged Kia counterparts look better to me, especially the new Optima/K5 sedan, those look really sharp on the road, especially with proper wheels.

But I like this i30, its a sharp looking hatch and very stylish. At least no one can accuse hyundais of looking boring, in fact they out 'attention grab' pretty much all the japanese brands put together now. Toyota still has the design greyness, Mitsubishi is a lost cause (and don't count the Evo, ppl like it because of its performance, not looks), Honda is barely starting to crawl out of the design hole and nissan looks alright, but striking isn't a word you'd use (except fo the GTR and one car cannot stand for the entire brand, sorry).

There's a point in every car's development where the designer puts down his pencil, takes a step back, and says "It's done.". Judging by these pictures I'd say this car should have reached that point when the current i30 was launched. I really do like Hyundai's styling as of late but this car just has too much of that styling. It looks like they're trying too hard now and that's not what got them to the place they're at now.

They did a decent job with the interior except for one key item: the seats look like utter crap, and it brings down the rest of the interior.

Gimme a 6 speed and a turbo four and I'm all set! Btw I'm surprised Nissan isn't throwing a fit that Hyundai is using the name of the Infiniti I30. Or maybe that model wasn't important enough to warrant caring about.

That looks fantastic. Anything to reduce the number of silly gurning Mazda3s I have to look at every day is a good thing.

Gimme a 6 speed and a turbo four and I'm all set! Btw I'm surprised Nissan isn't throwing a fit that Hyundai is using the name of the Infiniti I30. Or maybe that model wasn't important enough to warrant caring about.
Seeing as the i30 isn't and probably won't be sold in the US, it probably doesn't matter. If it is sold there it will have a different name - the 'i' cars are for the European market, the US gets ones with names. For example, the cars you get as the Sonata and Tucson we get as the i45 and ix35 respectively.

Last edited:
Wow, a big boot space and lots of leg room.. Well done!