2012 Lamborghini Aventador LP700-4

They may not improve speed, but they do a nice job of keeping the car on the ground.

since when do spoilers improve top speed?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lamborghini_Murciélago
Top Speed:
Murci?lago LP 640 [...] 211 mph (340 km/h)

Murci?lago LP 670-4 SuperVeloce [...] 209 mph (337 km/h) with Aeropack Wing
Last time I checked 209 was less than 211. ;) (and the SV is 100kg lighter and has 30 more horsepower - and it?s still 2mph slower "thanks" to the wing) Maybe I should have explicitly pointed out that I mean the Sv with wing - but since we were talking about the wing (and I was using the SV as an example how the wing slows down a Car), I thought that was a given.

Last edited:
Last time I checked it was generally understood that adding a wing usually improves high speed handling at the expense of top speed, with degrees of both varying depending on design.

Last time I checked it was generally understood that adding a wing usually improves high speed handling at the expense of top speed, with degrees of both varying depending on design.

Ah but some of our forum members are very special and cannot be considered merely 'general' hence the lack of understanding

Sorry, I misread Interrobang's post. For some reason when I read it, It seemed like he was arguing that it somehow increased top speed. However, I'm not sure why my response is taken to mean that I think it DOES increase top speed. Double reading comprehension fail? :p

[...]Double reading comprehension fail? :p
I read your post as an ironic statement to mine in wich you were pointing to the fact that the PL670 SV without wing is faster than the LP 640 hence my example would be wrong ... to wich I replied that it is only faster without said wing.

Sorry for the confusion, but it?s hard to know what you are actually replying to when you don?t quote what you are actually referring to ... then you have to guess, and it seems I guessed wrong. My bad.

Some photos I took awhile back at a local mall, thought I'd share.

DSC_7313.jpg

DSC_7318.jpg

DSC_7327.jpg

edit: almost forgot

DSC_7340.jpg

Not a bad deal huh?

Last edited:
Freight and PDI is probably the shipping costs of the car? Maybe it was specially ordered :dunno:

What is green levy and why is it 4,000 bucks? Also, I like how parking assistant with a camera is something like EUR 1,000 in an Audi and USD 5,500 in an Italian Audi Lamborghini :).

Green Levy is probably an environmental thing, you drive a gas guzzler therefore tax? since it's 4WD and a V12 they probably want to classify it as a light truck :p

Freight and PDI (Pre Delivery Inspection i think) is that high cause he obviously had it flown over, no one would ship that :p

8 grand for the clear engine cover

good grief

8 grand for the clear engine cover

good grief

Yes $8K is crazy, but since the car is being bought by someone who thinks nothing on dropping $10K for a high class hooker for a weekend, I can see how Lambo can get away with this pricing.