2012 NHL Off-Season and Pre-Season Thread

I don't think it's funny at all. It's pretty much how I imagined it going all along.

And if you guys missed it apparently a lot of depth type players wanted to take the nhl offer but then Fehr's like "nah, we can get more, hold out a little longer". Not a puppet master just a facilitator MY ASS.

And games to be cancelled through the 30th. Obviously not cancelling new years eve if they don't have to, 13 games scheduled on the 31st, only one on the 30th. Shouldn't come as a surprise, of course more games have to be cancelled, if a deal was made right this instant there still wouldn't be enough time for training camp.

Last edited:
All the players under NHL contract have left the building..

:canadian::banana::cheers::hump::tvhappy::nod:^_^:mouse:

here's an interesting new thing that I hadn't heard of yet

- The draft lottery selection process will change with all 14 teams fully eligible for the first overall pick. The weighting system for each team may remain, but four-spot move restriction will be eliminated.

Prediction: Oilers finish 12th and still get first overall.

edit: derp, I mean 12th from last, ie 12th pick in the draft

Last edited:
Well, I'm glad it's back. Local news has had either Shea Weber or Mike Fisher interviews for the last two weeks straight. Well, it was probably one interview and they just kept showing different clips of it, but still.

And here I was thinking the season was finished for sure...

The Jets had a free public practice today. Went. Prty cool. Was supposed to be an hour but was probably more like an hour and a half.

Also some idle no more twats came in with drums (aboriginals always carry drums with them when they protest) and got thrown out by security, hehe.

Gonna need a 2013 season thread pretty soon!