2013 Formula 1 Season Thread

But...but this is the perfect opportunity for a pointless argument!

fKOxO.gif

...actually, yay for kittens, nay for ruining the F1 section.

If that wasn't a direct flame-baiting attempt then I don't know what is. How many times have we heard Rocky come on the radio and tell Vettel to calm down and slow down (and to not go for the fastest lap of the race) over the past few years. And yet lookenworm chose to call out Stella's message to Alonso as something that's "destroying F1". The guy is a grade-A tifosi troll.

The Tifosi has nothing to do with it. Alonso could have still been driving for Renault/Lotus or McLaren. The comment Lukenwolf made might have been overdramatic but it could have been the same no matter what team Alonso drives for. Right?

I'll be heart-scared if Alonso or Massa does something truly honestly stupid whether it was their own fault or that of their team, and someone be they Lukenwolf or anyone would describe the incident and then accused of being a grade A tifosi troll because they drive for Ferrari.

As an experiment I welcome the idea of troublemakers being temp banned and see what happens. If drama still strikes up without the known-troublemakers...

Last edited:
Nice to see things get civilized here after a few posts. :D

P.S: I get award for most peaceful tifosi in this part of the forums? :p

When I get enough beauty sleep, I can be a proper delight. :D :lol:

Caterham just blew up my Twitter feed.

-Heikki now development driver, will drive FP1 in Bahrain and Spain
-Rossi into GP2, will drive FP1 in Canada
-Hua out of GP2.

If Ferrari are in the hunt for a Massa replacement and if don't want to burn one of their young driver's program members as an Alonso #2 (or simply don't think Perez in ready yet), Webber would be one of the obvious choices.

If Ferrari are in the hunt for a Massa replacement and if don't want to burn one of their young driver's program members as an Alonso #2 (or simply don't think Perez in ready yet), Webber would be one of the obvious choices.

Yeah, but Webber has long been rumoured to move to Porsche next year in LMP1, and the word in the endurance racing paddock is that the deal has already been signed.

Hello Everyone!

It's been a long time since I've been on these forums, just thought I'd pop in and say Hi! Figured this was the best place to write in, as I use to spend most my time in the Formula 1 section.

Hope you've all been well and are enjoying the 2013 season so far!

Go Webber :)

Hello Everyone!

It's been a long time since I've been on these forums, just thought I'd pop in and say Hi! Figured this was the best place to write in, as I use to spend most my time in the Formula 1 section.

Good to see a familiar face back!

Hello Everyone!

Hope you've been well yourself mate. I'm not as active in here as I once was but there's still a few of us left!

Hello Everyone!

We're always here from time to time. ;)

Hope you've been well yourself mate. I'm not as active in here as I once was but there's still a few of us left!

I've been pretty well thank mate, good to see you and a few other familiar people still on the forums. Hope you've been well as well ;-) I've been busy with life and don't have much time for anything.

Glad to see the Formula 1 thread is still active as ever.

Keep it up!

Here's my thoughts on Pirelli tyres for this season: It seems that the target was for tires to degrade properly, preventing the Bridgestone situation where even super-softs can last the race distance. This gets my approval. However, having tires that can only be stressed to the maximum for 1 lap and fall apart after that, it could be going a little too far. FIA is probably giving Pirelli the guidelines on the construction, so fault can't be entirely Pirelli's. At the moment, they are damned if they make durable tyres, damned if they make fragile tyres. I think the solution could be to have FIA, FOTA and Pirelli sit down and come up with a calculated decision.

Last edited:
For me, a big issue with the tyres that has never even been mentioned is the failure of Pirelli to develop out the tendancy to marble.
All these marbles off-line inhibit overtaking - a driver can't go one car width off-line after the halfway point. Surely they can engineer a tyre that degrades in a way that doesn't throw off chunks like that? Leave the full width of the circuit usable for the full length of the race.

If I recall correctly, it was the FIA who asked for the changes. Perhaps they thought "hey, more degradation, better show!"
As usual, too much of something is bad, and here we are.

Also, as far as I recall watching F1, there has been marbling (and post-race picking up of marbles to add +1 kg of rubber to each tyre for the weigh-in).