2014 British Grand Prix

P5 or do you mean that if he could had better start, because the grip isnt probably as good as in right starting spot?
Alonso vs Vettel was great!
He got a 5 second stop and go penalty for not being in his start box or whatever it's called at the start of the race.

He got a 5 second stop and go penalty for not being in his start box or whatever it's called at the start of the race.

Yes P5 was my guess if he would have not got the penalty. He did only loose 5 seconds and if I remember correctly he had over 5 secs to a car behind him before the stop. Or did he get stuck behind someone because of the penalty?

Great drive from Bottas to second

you obviously missed all the alonso radio takes. He was blubbing just as much, even having his team demand a penalty for Vettel. Alonso's just as much of a schoolgirl as Vettel

Not really but what Alonso was complaining was corner cutting so he could get within DRS range, vs Vettel complaining that Alonso was closing the door so he couldn't overtake. One is cheating, the other is racing.

Anyway, 10 places up from the starting position, they should analyze everything they did well today and maybe with a better qualifying, get a much better result.

No news from Raikkonen so that means no bad news either, which is good.

Last edited:
Not really but what Alonso was complaining was corner cutting so he could get within DRS range, vs Vettel complaining that Alonso was closing the door so he couldn't overtake. One is cheating, the other is racing.

Anyway, 10 places up from the starting position, they should analyze everything they did well today and maybe with a better qualifying, get a much better result.

No news from Raikkonen so that means no bad news either, which is good.

They both left track limits at least twice, so if anything they both earned themselves a penalty, but what really took the cake was ALO whining into the radio that Vettel used DRS outside a DRS zone after being overtaken. That was just embarrassing...

I believe he had a better position to judge that than you.

Also what the hell was it with the penalty? Alonso parked it out of his box, right? But wasn't it a restart behind the safety car? It didn't earn him any time or positions.

I believe he had a better position to judge that than you.

Also what the hell was it with the penalty? Alonso parked it out of his box, right? But wasn't it a restart behind the safety car? It didn't earn him any time or positions.

He overshot the gridbox for the original start, earning him the penalty.

Well done to Lewis & Mercedes. :cheers:

A podium for Bottas again, this time in second place! Wow, that Williams racecar is good and too bad for Felipe on his 200th race. :sad:

Smiley Dan in third, another great drive from him. :cool:

Awesome race for Bottas and great job by Ricciardo making those tires last.

Great race to watch, imo. Shame about Kimi and Massa going out so early, I was rooting for them to do well and slice through the field.

Still, very impressed with Williams. If you ignore the factory Mercedes team, then the Williams have a very dominate package under them at these faster tracks.

So it was the original start, got it. I thought it was the restart, wasn't paying much attention during replay. Fair penalty, then.

Raikkonen is a dumpling.
Will Ferrari consider paying him to go away again?

Shame Rosberg retired; Rosberg owed Hamilton two gimmes, if you believe luck should even out, but it'd have been better to have a fight.

Ferrari have already said that Kimi R?ikk?nen is to at the very least stay out his contract with them until the end of 2015, the last buyout was expensive for them and they won't be doing that again.
Besides, I think Ferrari recognise that they haven't been able to deliver Kimi a car that he can use and considering he was on his way to a podium finish at Monaco he's still got at least a little bit of skill in him, it wasn't only Kimi that fell out during Q1, Alonso did as well and so did both Williams then Bottas made it into P2 and he was out in Q1 as well which puts Ferrari's car as well as Alonso's performance in some perspective.
Kimi was leading Alonso before he went off though and he managed to stop in the right place so that's got to be worth something.

They both left track limits at least twice, so if anything they both earned themselves a penalty, but what really took the cake was ALO whining into the radio that Vettel used DRS outside a DRS zone after being overtaken. That was just embarrassing...

They both admitted they were whining in post race, it's racing, Vettel was just that little bit better this time, and it has gotten under certain fans' skin.

Kimi has a bruised ankle BTW, should be healed up by Germany most likely... that was one HELL of a tankslapper for him.

Really surprised Alonso would make that kind of an error. Vettel vs Alonso was awesome stuff, whining included.

Apparently he couldn't get the car into reverse, which would explain why he didn't just back the car up.

What on earth was that horrible piece of shit they were presented with on the podium?

Apparently some competition winner thing...what was the brief by Satander? Design a trophy. Might be shown on television. No prize money.

Reversing on the grid is illegal
Reversing in the pits is illegal

Honestly Idk why there's a reverse gear.

They both admitted they were whining in post race, it's racing, Vettel was just that little bit better this time, and it has gotten under certain fans' skin.

Hah hahaha ha... ha... Vettel started 2nd and finished 5th, Alonso started 16th to finish 6th... and cos Vettel overtook him once on rubber 8 laps younger, that's him being better today?
:clap:

that's him being better today?
:clap:

Well....yes. As per how racing, or anything else competetive in this world goes be it the 100m Olympic final, sales contest for Home Depot staff or a junior league football game, Vettel finished higher than Alonso, thus besting the spaniard. Sort of the definition of "being better".

Now I see what you mean, to me Alonso and Bottas were the drivers of the day and Alonso did have overall a better drive than Vettel. Better overall race ? No - he finished behind Vettel even after what I thought was the ballsiest display of driver skill this season so far.

Last edited:
So what can be said about Ricciardo starting 8th and finishing ahead of Vettel?
Kinda scraping the bottom of the barrel trying to praise the finger for that one move, I'd say.

9.7 Reverse gear : All cars must be able to be driven in reverse by the driver at any time during the Event.

I couldn't find anything in the regulations about reversing on the grid, only that it is not aloud in the pits. I also read that Kimi Raikkonen reversed back into position at the 2004 United States GP but I couldn't find a video proving that comment.
Besides, why would Alonso say he tried to reverse if he would have just gotten in trouble for reversing on the grid instead of overshooting his grid box.

Last edited: