2014 Canadian Grand Prix

Unless the other teams make serious improvements this is a two horse race... which in fairness is one better than last years one horse race.

Just to refresh your memory. At the same time last year we had four different winners from four different teams. This year we have two different winners from a single team. How exactly, is that an improvement??

Just to refresh your memory. At the same time last year we had four different winners from four different teams. This year we have two different winners from a single team. How exactly, is that an improvement??

It isn't, it's a travesty. This is easily one of the worst seasons of F1 I've ever seen.

It isn't, it's a travesty. This is easily one of the worst seasons of F1 I've ever seen.

P3 and P7 are 4/100ths apart!! how is that not entertaining?

last year you have vettel running away, and then a battl between everybody!
now you have multiple battles, first between the mercedes, and then between everyone else
it's great!

Reactions: TC

Because the result for each race isnt a foregone conclusion. Sure, the constructors championship is over but who really gives a stuff about that? I'd like to see Ferrari, Red Bull, McLaren (especially McLaren!) get their acts together but this year is a vast improvement on last season's snore fest.

There's enough between the two Mercedes drivers so far to keep it interesting and there are other interesting features such as watching Ricciardo hand Vettel his ass and Maldonado is always good entertainment :p

Reactions: TC

last year you have vettel running away, and then a battl between everybody!
now you have multiple battles, first between the mercedes, and then between everyone else
it's great!

It's hard to be entertained when the midfield battles are given little camera time, now that I think about it, NBC's broadcasting in conjunction with this year's season may have a lot to do with why I feel more than a bit let down.

*ahem*

COS WHO GIVES A SHIT ABOUT P3 TO P7

Thank you.

Also the noise sucks.

With the exception of Silverstone where he broke down in the final laps if I remember correctly and Hungary where he somehow came 3rd he won the rest of the season from this point onwards, at least this season there is a chance that a different driver might win now and then.

Now that's confusing. We had that last year, too. But I remember a great many folks screaming bloody murder that they only care about who wins and it was the wrong guy doing it. I smell a bit of double standard there...

- - - Updated - - -

With the exception of Silverstone where he broke down in the final laps if I remember correctly and Hungary where he somehow came 3rd he won the rest of the season from this point onwards, at least this season there is a chance that a different driver might win now and then.

But that was, because everyone gave up after Silverstone. And we are going to have the same again this year, just that the leading car will romp away at 2 seconds per lap as opposed to the 1 second per lap last year. And Vettel is hardly to blame that Webber was total shit. I bet the plonker would even manage to finish third in this year's Merc.

But that was, because everyone gave up after Silverstone. And we are going to have the same again this year, just that the leading car will romp away at 2 seconds per lap as opposed to the 1 second per lap last year.

Not necessarily, unlike last year the rules wont change that much between this year and the next, so there is a benefit to continue developing this season's challenger.

Not necessarily, unlike last year the rules wont change that much between this year and the next, so there is a benefit to continue developing this season's challenger.

Unlike last year the status quo has been cemented though due to the engine freeze. You can't find 2 seconds by aero development. The very fact that RB even mixes it up there is a minor miracle. Nail a Merc in that car and Lewis and Rosberg would squabble over P3. But even with a massive push like last year RB are never going to catch Merc, because the Renault is crap and was frozen as such on Feb 28th.

Last edited:
Oooooo Mercedes engine troubles, yay! :D

Oh man I have my doubts on Raikonnen, but that spin is not normal. Even Maldonado wouldn't make that kind of mistake.

Edit: oh my god that poor front left guy at Mercedes.....when Rosberg drove off everyone gave that guy the death glare.

Last edited:
Now, did Hamilton get the puncture before and that's what caused him to run wide at the hairpin and let Rosberg past, or did Rosberg touch his tyre as they were going into the last chicane?

*update*

Nope, brake failure?

Last edited:
Brake failure cos badly working energy system, cos the brakes now use the electricity from the ERS, but when it failed, they switched to a hydraulic back up or something, and that wasnt quite enough, Hamilton couldnt stop the car anywhere... and then it failed

Come on a non-Mercedes win, please, anyone...

wtf is Perez doing!?

Me is sad hippo. Broken Merc still able to stay in front. F1 is broken :(

Looks like Kimi is going to need a miracle just to get back into the points, Red Bull are going to pull out the constructors gap in a pretty big way.