2014 Car Launches and Testing Thread

Fan made, but I want to believe...

tumblr_n0ub5iZ4Av1s2mm9ao1_1280.png

Now they need Canon and ICI back...and to start winning. Maybe getting Bottas to grow a badass mustache would help.

The Martini sponsorship is all but confirmed. An online F1 merch shop made a bu-bu by publishing a t-shirt picture, then promptly removed it. It's a done deal imho.

The Martini sponsorship is all but confirmed. An online F1 merch shop made a bu-bu by publishing a t-shirt picture, then promptly removed it. It's a done deal imho.

1002645_658322334226055_1172144044_n.jpg

Now that's some F1 merchandise I would gladly pay for, it looks very good (also compared to the other shitty sponsor billboards)!

I can buy stuff with Martini colours! Please don't be a lie.

Positively weird. yet cool at the same time

That would be the ERS-H keeping the turbo spinning while it still had electricity available, and then winding down from about 100k rpm to a standstill.

That and/or draining that batteries to a safe level so that it can be worked on.

That and/or draining that batteries to a safe level so that it can be worked on.

Which obliquely also explains the long red flags during testing so far, the recovery vehicle always had a qualified team member onboard in order to shut the car's ERS systems down for it to be recovered safely.

So... rossberg 1:33.2 And i bet there's more to come during the day. We'll probably dip into the 1:32s.

I wonder how much of the Merc-engined speed advantage is down to them being out phase with the rest of the guys (i.e. they are already working on set up etc because their engine is sorted while the others are still just getting mileage to fix engine issues)...I mean there is no way Merc has 1 sec advantage over the rest....

I wonder how much of the Merc-engined speed advantage is down to them being out phase with the rest of the guys (i.e. they are already working on set up etc because their engine is sorted while the others are still just getting mileage to fix engine issues)...I mean there is no way Merc has 1 sec advantage over the rest....

I find it hard to believe Merc would have a one second advantage over McLaren and even Williams and Force India. But I do think there's probably a bit of a gap to the Ferrari powered teams and then an even further gap to the Renault teams. Hell, Mercedes and McLaren are advanced enough in their programs to be running race and qualifying simulations, whereas the rest are still seemingly working through installation/reliability issues.

The next test will paint a clearer picture.