2014 Chinese Grand Prix - Shanghai

This data really says it all:

It says a lot about Mercedes but not much after that, if you looked only at this grid it suggests that Red Bull should be at the back of the field, but they aren't so their aero must be killer, it also says Kimi is faster than Alonso... except he isn't so it must mean his cornering is rubbish. Actually maybe it does say a lot.

Crazy predictions time... well maybe not that crazy.
P1 Hamilton
P2 Rosberg
P3 Alonso

edit

Wow, that pit stop by Williams on Massa, they screwed him big time.

Last edited:
OOHHHHHH "Tough luck"

shots_fired

Bottas is doing pretty well with his fuel consumption by the looks of things.

Kimi on the other hand needs to catch up with Bottas.

Last edited:
Good job by Alonso, but damn that race was boring. Great job by Bottas, because he wasnt even on the track during this race. :lol:

After last race people were jumping up, demanding we all take each other's hand and start singing Kumbayah. Reality is we had 3 boring races and one brilliant one (Bahrain). Absolute highlight was Alonso. Unless your car is silver, 3rd is the best you can do and he did it. That start was insane. :cool:

Snooze fest. Literally, fell asleep. Woke up and 30 laps had passed and didnt even notice cos the positions were pretty much the same

That start was insane. :cool:

Yeah, you can see how tough the William's are. That was really big hit to Bottas from Rosberg, but it seems that it didnt have an affect to his race.

Yeah, you can see how tough the William's are. That was really big hit to Bottas from Rosberg, but it seems that it didnt have an affect to his race.

Other way round. Bottas cluttered into Rosberg

I thought it was a reasonably exciting race, Alonso showed that with a bit more work Ferrari could compete with the Mercedes and Riccardo beat Vettel, Kimi had more bad luck but I enjoyed that one.

In which way?? It was a 2013 race without the midfield battles.

Look, I don't know how you judge a race but if you didn't find it exciting then nothing I say is going to change that but I found Alonso's race alone very exciting, I knew Hamilton was going to win before the race started and I don't care I also knew Rosberg would come second, What I didn't know is that Alonso would pull into 2nd for as long as he did, The next race is in 2 weeks, THREE WEEKS so if Ferrari gets it's act together they could challenge for a second if not a win in Spain so to me this is exciting, not to mention Riccardo putting Vettel in his place and the ridiculously stupid pitstop by Williams on Massa's car.
If you don't like it then you don't like it there's nothing I can do about that but Mercedes is going to win for the foreseeable future so that's just the way it is, the only thing disappointing about this race for me is that Kimi's car was apparently a bit crap again.

Last edited:
Cue McMuffin saying that the formula is still perfect and back-pedaling about Ferrari being rubbish or some other lame excuse.