2014 Endurance Racing

Lemans really needs new overall winner... Lets hope more turbo malfunctions for Audi!

oh no, not an audi double win again.
Well, it's still 1:45 hours to go so everything is possible. That's what 24-hour-races are about, you can't be sure until the checkered flag drops.

Damn, gutted for Porsche and Webber, the whole team will have to take the experience and hope to come back stronger next year.

Toyota, on the other hand, I don't care for...

Haven't heard any details beyond Porsche saying it was a drivetrain issue that the mechanics can't repair.

They had been having problems losing a lot of time to the Audis and even the twin car. Some say it was an electrical problem, cooling with the batteries, Webber says he heard a rattling from the engine and it just gave up.

Update from Eurosport: gearbox problem, but I couldnt make out if it was #14 or #20

Im rooting for the #95 Aston Martin, with the 3 Dane drivers to win the GTE Am class, after their tragedy last year.

Last edited:
Congratulations (again) to Audi for winning the 24 hours of Le Mans and taking 2nd place as well...

Winner in LMP2 ist Jota Sport #38, LMGTE Pro has been won by AF Corse #51 and LMGTE Am by Aston Martin Racing #95.

Last edited:
gg Audi, gg. They're pretty much unbeatable...

But congrats to the 51!

:w00t: #51 and #95, happy for them

Such an exciting race though over all, and mostly, I think it sets up for next year... maybe the end of the Audi dominance.

As soon as the Porsches were out, I switched channels to watch Moto GP. That was a good choice. :D

What bitter disappointment for Porsche and Mark Webber to fall victim to technical issues when they were in the lead. They will be back next year, stronger... It would have been a sensation for them to win on their first attempt in 16 years and make it win #17.

Damn, gutted for Porsche and Webber, the whole team will have to take the experience and hope to come back stronger next year.

Toyota, on the other hand, I don't care for...
Same here, I want them to do well, provide competition, but wouldn't feel glad if they won

Considering their speed at Silverstone and Spa, I think they'll win the WEC Championship which would be a nice consolation prize. :)

Thinking really hard about attending the 6 Hours of Circuit of the Americas...

Just going to leave this and this here.

I wouldn't mind Toyota winning. They are an awful lot more likeable than Peugeot ever was, and they have an air of sportsmanship about them.

That said, I do not mind seeing Audi win another one, either. Because, regardless of who won, it was an exciting and dramatic race until the #20 Porsche retired. They were also the underdog this year, nobody expected them to win after the first two races.

Another thing, well done Cooper McNeal, Jeroen Bleekemolen and the whole Prospeed crew who spent an all-nighter fixing the car before the race had started and then completed the 24 hours to finish fifth in class.

As Audi were the under dogs I don't mind their win, it was a crazy race and they had to change turbos on both cars so it really was up for grabs, other teams simply failed to take it.
I would love for Anthony Davidson to win one though, the man is a rocket and deserves to win it once.
Would've been great if Porsche won but hopefully they can make it next year.

In LMP2 I was rooting for the Zytek, they were the most interesting and quickest in the last couple of hours so I'm happy for em. Didn't really care much for GT Pro after the Aston had it's calamity but in GT-AM was so happy for Aston, after last year they thoroughly deserved it, really happy about that.