2014 Formula 1 Gran Premio de Espana

It was kind of nice to see Kimi out qualify Alonso though it was a little undermined by both Ferraris being out qualified by not only Riccardo but also Grosjean and Bottas, it would have been Massa as well if he didn't drop the ball in Q3.

MotoGP is going to get more attention from me this year. Looks like this season of F1 is over.

MotoGP is going to get more attention from me this year. Looks like this season of F1 is over.

Really? MotoGP has been boring for years and it seems that MM93 is going to win every race this season. Unless you mean Moto3 or Moto2. For me the best RR to watch has been WSBK, but Dorna is doing the best they can to make it boring aswell.

But back on topic, where did Lotus find that pace? It seems there were some truth in Lotuses people's sayings that their car has good potential. Hoping Top 5 for Bottas!

Sebastian Vettel has a 5 place grid penalty for having his gearbox changed after qualifying I guess it's some tough luck for Vettel this weekend though how they expected him to drive with a broken gearbox is anyones guess and Maldonado, not only is he starting last apparently if the Stewarts decide he's a bit too crap to drive he can't even start the race, who says the F1 2014 can't be interesting.

I gotta start getting into that. All the motorcyclists have come out now that summer is here and I'm constantly reminded of how badass a sportbike is.

J91bJ2G.png

...and Lewis Hamilton wins the Spanish Grand Prix followed by Nico Rosberg and some other car.
I kinda feel bad for Nico Rosberg, he's just being completely outclassed race after race and if he doesn't find a way to respond he can kiss that 2014 world drivers championship good bye.

Last edited:
Maldonado stop/go already. Living the life, Pastor...living the life.

Looks like Alonso is looking forward to a race sitting behind R?ikk?nen and ROSBERG is finally ahead of Lewis Hamilton.

Ferrari's Kimi Strategy hasn't been great this race, not only is he on a slower tyre then Alonso he's on an older one as well.

Ferrari's Kimi Strategy hasn't been great this race, not only is he on a slower tyre then Alonso he's on an older one as well.[/QUO

Yeah not sure what his side of a team were thinking today, horrible stategy. Well he only lost 1 place because of it. Well I have to say that this season is boring ass hell, there wasnt any great battles...

Merc is dominant, Rb is clear second and the rest of the teams are way back.

These posts are the reason why I come to the F1 section. <3

Loved today's race. Some great duels. I find it interesting that Ricciardo used almost 7kg more fuel than the leaders and yet was still 50 seconds behind. Those Merc engines are magical.

Well well...
Predictable result of course but damn, Vettel ... I think how he does this year will mean more for his reputation as a racer than what he did the past 4.

Good battle between Alonso and Kimi, too bad we didnt really see one between Hamilton and Rosberg.

I think there could be a come back in Monaco, we'll see

As much as I'd like Hamilton and Rosberg to be more back and fourth and likely it will become closer and closer as the season moves along a part of me is interested in seeing Hamilton get the record for most consecutive wins and he has 6 to go to take it away from Vettel. Hopefully things will go better for Ferrari at Monaco, maybe at least they can try and beat Red Bull this season if not Mercedes.

Well well...
Predictable result of course but damn, Vettel ... I think how he does this year will mean more for his reputation as a racer than what he did the past 4.

Well, coming up from what, 14th to finish in 5th was a respectable finish. And I thought Nico had Lewis there at the end! With those shitty pit stops, I really thought the team was trying to get Nico into 1st.....I really did.

When Lewis got out of the car at the end, I wonder how much of the wetness on his suit was sweat, and how much of it was him pissing himself?

Lastly...the coverage of the podium was horrible, no national anthems, no interview, it was the announcers going over the race and them going back to the podium just in time for the handing over of the trophies and the champagne. Fail.

The state of F1 must be pretty bad if FG is barely cracking 2 pages of posts for a race thread.