2014 FORMULA 1 RUSSIAN GRAND PRIX

I loved how they all became utterly terrified when they saw Putin in the cool down room. :lol:
Well Putin does have a reputation for just taking peoples stuff and walking off with it, he might take their trophies for all they know.

Enjoyable race! great work, Rosberg!

Not bad watching for a McLaren fan. Track doesn't excite me much, a pretty bland copy of Valencia, but there was enough to keep my interest for most of the race.

Ridiculous penalty for Grosjean, pure racing collision, thought the stewards were supposed to go easy on that kind of stuff. Also didn't Magnussen get a penalty for (not) pushing a guy off the track at a race earlier this year in exactly the same fashion that Rosberg pushed (not that he did) Bottas off the track?

So you got your little spectacle with rules changing so wildly year to year, half the time it's a uberly dominated borefest?

God you're so dense. It was obvious I meant that negatively in that I don't like the contrived spectacle they're trying to create. Next thing you know you're going to use a serious accident to try to demean someone and flaunt your morally superior foresight at the same time. Oh wait.

Ridiculous penalty for Grosjean, pure racing collision, thought the stewards were supposed to go easy on that kind of stuff.

He got a penalty for that? Didn't the guy on the outside try to make an impossible pass and run out of track?

God you're so dense. It was obvious I meant that negatively in that I don't like the contrived spectacle they're trying to create. Next thing you know you're going to use a serious accident to try to demean someone and flaunt your morally superior foresight at the same time. Oh wait.

I can say the same thing about you. I could come here and say "You know, air is comprised mostly of Nitrogen" and you would find some issue with it.
You said "I got my little spectacle with the cheese tyres" or whatever, when I was always opposed to the tyres. Me being opposed to them does not mean they don't exist, and they were still working that way for this season. The way the sport is set up right now, one would not say a car would last 50+ laps even in the shortest of circuits, without going over the cliff and sliding all around the track.
I was questioning the consistency of the tyre decisions when there are tracks which needed 2 or 3 stops and this one was basically runnable with 1 set of tyres, if the rules allowed it. I don't think anyone expected the harder compound to last this well, not even after long runs during practice.

He got a penalty for that? Didn't the guy on the outside try to make an impossible pass and run out of track?

Evidently not "impossible", since "the guy" made the pass, was ahead, and had stayed within the track limits.

Grosjean carried too much speed through the corner and understeered out into him at the track-out point, unable to leave a car width between himself and the outside of the corner.

Rosberg did the same thing but because he saw him coming and left the track to avoid contact, he got away with it.

Evidently not "impossible", since "the guy" made the pass, was ahead, and had stayed within the track limits.

Grosjean carried too much speed through the corner and understeered out into him at the track-out point, unable to leave a car width between himself and the outside of the corner.

Rosberg did the same thing but because he saw him coming and left the track to avoid contact, he got away with it.

I can't remember but did the attacking car have its nose in front at track out?

This track is utterly rubbish and the race was so boring. Turn 3 is really cool but that's about it.

If you think this one is bad, take a look at the new Azerbaijan track. They managed to come up with a layout almost entirely comprised of 90 degree corners, on narrow streets.

I seriously hope that track falls through.

You guys are making me feel less bad for building robots and doing laplace transforms instead of watching this race. Thank you. ;)

You guys are making me feel less bad for building robots and doing laplace transforms instead of watching this race. Thank you. ;)

You didn't miss the slightest thing. Merc being utterly dominant, RB shafting Vettel via 'strategy', other than that an utter procession. Worst race since the early noughts. It was as farcical as seeing Adolf Putin on the rostrum handing out the prizes.

If you think this one is bad, take a look at the new Azerbaijan track. They managed to come up with a layout almost entirely comprised of 90 degree corners, on narrow streets.

Maybe they could use the temporary street circuit that the Blancpain GT Sprint Series used this year for their season-ender. It has some nice long straights and sweepers and the right-hand hairpin squeezes the track down onto a single-lane, which would make things interesting. :blink: