2014 N?rburgring 24h - 21st / 22nd June

:hmm: I should be on my way back home from Switzerland that weekend... if there happened to be a camp site infested occupied used by FG members I might pop by :dunno:

I'll be there for the full weekend with the Nismo Race Camp

I'm on site now, just in time for Top 30 qualifying. 8:10.9min for the D?rr McLaren, 2nd is Marc VDS with the BMW Z4.

Wow, the first hour wreaked havoc with some of the top contestants?

First Frikadelli (with Sabine Schmitz) went straight to the box after the start and lost 2 or 3 laps while they repaired something at the cooling system, then a ROWE SLS got rear-ended at Flugplatz when he slowed down for an accident which happened right in front of him. Marc VDS BMW and D?rr McLaren had their fair share of trouble, too.

At the moment Schubert BMW #19 is in front, then Phoenix Audi #4, then Black Falcon SLS #1 which were the winners last year.

Just entered the second half of the race. Too many multi car incidents

What, nothing about the results yet?

Phoenix Racing have won with an Audi R8 LMS ultra ROFLBBQWTF (or whatever), achieving a new record distance of 159 laps. Black Falcon with an SLS AMG came second, only about three minutes behind. Third place: another SLS, R?we Racing who had some bad luck in the first hours of the race.

The Frikadelli Racing Team with Sabine Schmitz sadly didn't finish.

Especially in the first few hours, the race was frantic, with many unnecessary or plain dumb crashes. Later, it becames quieter apparently. Something of note is that the fight for fifth place was still going on until after the 24 hours were over, with the Aston Martin No. 007 being chased by Team Schubert's Z4. That fight was decided when twice on the last lap, Claudia H?rtgen in the Z4 was held up by lapped cars while being directly behind the Aston, the second time almost crashing into the slower driver who didn't realize there was still a fight going on and veered into the faster car's lane after Pflanzgarten. Great racing, unfortunately without the passing attempt that was hoped for and deserved...

Last edited:
That last lap dice for fifth was pretty hair-raising alright

Was going to post a bit more but their seems to be little interest for motorsport in this forum

am i the only one who doesn't really care for private GT racing?

they all drive the same car (either a porsche or a ferrari), one with a white sunstrip, another one with a green, and we are supposed to know every team by the time the race starts, because if you don't, it's almost impossible to follow the race...
and they're just rich assholes who decides to have fun for a few years, and will be gone afterwards, without having proven anything

i want to see top end firms with shitloads of money battle it out! (as in F1 & WEC :cool:)

i even think blancpain is more interesting to watch than GTE/GT2/GT3/...

Last edited:
am i the only one who really doesn't care for private teams?

they all drive the same car, one with a white sunstrip, another one with a green, and we are supposed to know every team by the time the race starts, because if you don't, it's almost impossible to follow the race...
Ah, that's why you should come on site next time. ;) The "they all drive the same car" are just the brand trophy series (BMW M235i, Toyota GT86) which are their own classes, but there are many other private teams in various classes, from Golf 3 GTI to Opel Manta (yes, they are still there with special approval since they are cult), Opel Astras (the new one and some old ones), loads of BMW M3 E46's, Renault Clios, Hyundai Velosters, Minis, Ford Fiestas and many more. Hell, even Frikadelli Racing with Sabine Schmitz is a private team, it's just backed up by her fianc?'s company as sponsor so they can enter the top class with their 911 GT3-R.

Unfortunately the media shows 90% just the GT3-cars which are the most spectacular ones, but nonetheless there are ordinary people who work their asses off and organize in racing clubs just to get a team together to drive there.

Last edited:
Was going to post a bit more but their seems to be little interest for motorsport in this forum

Well there's interest but as usual the coverage was complete dog shit. Locked off cameras of the pitlane as soon as it gets a wee bit dark. Commentators not knowing any better than a spectator what's going on (not their fault, there's not enough live data being fed back it seems) etc.

It's hard enough to follow Le Mans with these issues, it's 10x worse at the N24.
I understand there are logistical and practical obstacles due to the unique nature of the circuit, but I can't imagine how sponsors get their money's worth with organization like this.

Behind the scenes at the 24 Hours of N?rburgring
MVDSRacingTeam