2014 Sochi Winter Olympic Games

Latvia and their goalies!!! :bow::bow:

WTF Crosby. You suck!!!

He must be playing injured.

Gudlevskis must be a robot from the future. Burtulis's block on a Weber one-timer was ballsy as hell.

Latvia are giving EVERYTHING they got on ice!!! If only they got some more offensive skill...

USA is going to destroy Canada, unless they step it up big time.

Jesus, finally. Actually, I shouldn't be mentioning Jesus because he's playing goal for the Latvians. I don't care if we did finally score, that guy earned a goddamn parade and twenty virgins.

We got a gold and silver today, but the hockey... :( Well, congrats to team USA.

Wow, Finland knocked out Russia! Well done Suomis & good luck with the SFs, you deserve it. :thumbsup:

Ole Einar Bjoerndalen makes Winter Olympic history - BBC Sport
Norwegian skier dude, who has 13 Olympic medals as of today. Now that is impressive. :cool:

Ted Ligerty won the GS today and as World Champion he was probably favourite anyway, but being Olympic champion is pretty cool too. The BBC guy said that the two French men in 2nd & 3rd, were the first skiing medals for France, which surprised me somewhat.

Ice Hockey question: Can the GK have a penalty awarded against them? If so do they get two minutes in the box and can the team sub in another GK?

:smile:

Ice Hockey question: Can the GK have a penalty awarded against them? If so do they get two minutes in the box and can the team sub in another GK?

Goaltenders can absolutely be assessed with penalties, but in no circumstance will a goaltender be physically present in the penalty box. For two-minute minor penalties, five-minute major penalties, and ten-minute misconduct penalties assessed to the goaltender, a player from his/her team that was on the ice when the infraction occurred is chosen (by the goaltender's team) to serve the duration of the penalty.

For game misconduct penalties and in the case of the goaltender receiving three five-minute major penalties in one game, the goalie is ejected from the game and must be replaced by the backup goaltender or another member of the team.

Yes, and another player serves the penalty.

Goaltenders can absolutely be assessed with penalties, but in no circumstance will a goaltender be physically present in the penalty box. For two-minute minor penalties, five-minute major penalties, and ten-minute misconduct penalties assessed to the goaltender, a player from his/her team that was on the ice when the infraction occurred is chosen (by the goaltender's team) to serve the duration of the penalty.

For game misconduct penalties and in the case of the goaltender receiving three five-minute major penalties in one game, the goalie is ejected from the game and must be replaced by the backup goaltender or another member of the team.

Ah thanks both, understand now.

:smile:

Argh the last stone in the mens curling, they had played so well all week but not today. Would have been excellent to have SWE/CAN in both male and female curling finals, now it'll just be the ladies. Also with some magic we've now reached Norways best olympic result in skiing! 11 medals! If our wonderful ski team can secure two more medals (fingers crossed!) then we'll reach the all time record set by the Soviet union.

We need narfs flag waving smileys available on this board.

Last edited:

Under IIHF rules even one 5 min major is an automatic game misconduct.

I've got a bad feeling of us getting our asses kicked by Russians tomorrow...
I like being wrong.

Now it's the time to lose to Swe... Nah, fuck it, I cannot even write that as a humour, we'll beat you Swedes tomorrow!

Indeed! Crazy tense watching that game. Shame the officiating was so terribly inconsistent.

The moment Canada had a collective heart attack:
840048222.gif

Last edited:
Watched the game at work - that was an epic come back. Great job to the Canadian ladies.. *Pats heart* Ahh... that's the pride! :D :canadian: :banana: :cheers:

Awesome 3rd-period comeback by the Swiss ladies for Bronze in hockey!

Agree, really good end to the game so well done Team Suisse! :cool:

At one point with two minutes to go, I think Sweden took off their GK and played six outfield players. Now that was why I was asking about the GK being sent off for a penalty. I saw a clip of a previous game where some team had subbed-off their GK, then their opponents scored into an open net. (I didn't know you could do that either.)

Where was the GK, I thought? Not penalised off, but substituted.

The Canadian ladies' comeback was nothing to sneeze at either. Epic game.

And well done to Canada for the Gold, may be the double next! :thumbsup:

The totally mental event of Men's Ski-X was won today by France, who had a clean sweep of all three medals, very impressive. It just confirms, as I've always thought from skiing in France, they are the craziest skiers but also good technically. :lol:

Another exciting, very close finish was in the Nordic Combined Team Event won by Norway, well done Norway-dudes! :thumbsup: