2015 British Grand Prix

Four Five Eight

Car(s)
Audi A3 1.8t
Not the most interesting Q3, I thought for sure that Rosberg would have topped Hamilton this weekend but it looks like he couldn't make it work when it counted.
Williams out qualified both Ferrari's which is interesting because Ferrari have had quite a big pace advantage all year and Kimi out qualified Sebastian though it was for 5th.

1 L Hamilton Mercedes 1:33.796 1:33.068 1:32.248 14
2 N Rosberg Mercedes 1:33.475 1:32.737 1:32.361 14
3 F Massa Williams 1:34.542 1:33.707 1:33.085 21
4 V Bottas Williams 1:34.171 1:33.020 1:33.149 19
5 K R?ikk?nen Ferrari 1:33.426 1:33.911 1:33.379 19
6 S Vettel Ferrari 1:33.562 1:33.641 1:33.547 18
7 D Kvyat Red Bull Racing 1:34.422 1:33.520 1:33.636 22
8 C Sainz Toro Rosso 1:34.641 1:34.071 1:33.649 19
9 N H?lkenberg Force India 1:34.594 1:33.693 1:33.673 21
10 D Ricciardo Red Bull Racing 1:34.272 1:33.749 1:33.943 20
11 S P?rez Force India 1:34.250 1:34.268 14
12 R Grosjean Lotus 1:34.646 1:34.430 9
13 M Verstappen Toro Rosso 1:34.819 1:34.502 14
14 P Maldonado Lotus 1:34.877 1:34.511 16
15 M Ericsson Sauber 1:34.643 1:34.868 13
16 F Nasr Sauber 1:34.888 7
17 F Alonso McLaren 1:34.959 8
18 J Button McLaren 1:35.207 9
19 W Stevens Manor 1:37.364 9
20 R Merhi Manor 1:39.377 8

Last edited:
All true, but still, after all the updates and tokens and what have you, Mercedes is STILL a second quicker than everyone else :(

ROFL WILDCARD BITCHES

Massa is one of my least liked drivers but man do I want him to win this right now. Push like hell Felipe baby.

Hoping for rain here..getting sleepy watching this after the first round of stops

Everyone was shouting that Bottas should have been allowed to race but now that they are racing Massa has pulled away from Bottas leaving him venerable to Rosberg's DRS so maybe he wasn't faster after all.

Best race of the year so far!

If Hamilton wins the championship, he'll feel like a god... not like he does it already now

Rain did show how dominant car Merc is. Kimi made horrible gamble to pit so early, which ruined his good weekend.

I feel bad for Massa, but I guess Ferrari know their tactics better.

This series just isnt worth the pay to watch...

It didn't just ruin his weekend Kimi is about to be dropped down the order in the championship and there is only 2 races in the next... 2 months.

Everyone was shouting that Bottas should have been allowed to race but now that they are racing Massa has pulled away from Bottas leaving him venerable to Rosberg's DRS so maybe he wasn't faster after all.

Yeah, they're talking about Williams regretting not telling Masa to let Bottas pass, but Bottas and the Mercs all had DRS assisting them. For Massa to hold them all off showed a lot of speed on his part, I really don't think Bottas would have pulled away at all if he got by.

It didn't just ruin his weekend Kimi is about to be dropped down the order in the championship and there is only 2 races in the next... 2 months.

True. Williams is going to close the difference in WCC points fast if this keeps happening and in dry Williams seems to be faster already. Ferrari seemed to be close to Merc at start of the season, but now they are way slower. Its like they havent improved at all during the season.

How did Bottas lose 30+ seconds to Massa in the rain?

Wasnt very good day for the Finns in motorsport (rally included), even thought it started pretty well. :cry:

Alonso in points! :)

Best race of the year so far!

Yeah, proabaly it was and a very good race to watch:

Alonso gets a first point for McLaren-Honda! :thumbup:
New Force India spec gets points for both cars, this is good. :cool:
Both the Williams blitz the start and set up a "something-gonna-happen" race. :shock:

Vettel makes a great call for rain tyres and gets a podium.
Hamilton provided lots of entertainment and deserved the win.

.. and the BBC TV covereage was OK as usual, if not great. But some BBC producer & editor put together a 3-4 minute closing monatage of the history, buildup and race moments with a music track by The Who! of "Teenage Wasteland / Baba O'Riley" which was excellent. :cool:

(It's not on Youtube yet but probably will be later, worth checking out.)

Things Sauber pit wall can't handle
  • track positioning
  • rain

Gave the point to Alonso

that was actually a fairly typical race for this year

merc 1-2
williams who race backwards, the longer the race lasts, the more positions they loose! have they already managed to finish above their qualifying position this year? (what a start though!!!!)
vettel showed he's worth the money payed, and raikkonen showed again how crap he is. i can't wait till he is replaced! (with di montezemelo and alonso out, and arrivabene in at ferrari, i suddenly want them do do good again! - Forza Ferrari!! :D - but HAM should still be tripple WC!!)
McLaren humiliated once again, they need 6 DNF's and sauber who fuck up tactical to get a single point!

but i liked it! that was an entertaining race! :)

ah, and please put a mic under Verstappen's nose at every press conference! finally someone who's willing to speak his mind at not just blabbers PR-talk! (yet?)

A source told the Dutch newspaper De Telegraaf that the 17-year-old Dutchman is considered "a serious option" by the fabled Maranello team.

Toro Rosso rookie Verstappen, however, is firmly under contract to team owner Red Bull, meaning Ferrari would need to buy out the deal.

But Verstappen said the rumours are flattering anyway.

"It means I'm doing well," he said at Silverstone.

"Sure it would be nice to drive for Ferrari. I think if you get a chance like that, you have to take it."
http://www.grandprix.com/ns/ns31349.html

The 17-year-old is not a member of the Grand Prix Drivers' Association, and told Algemeen Dagblad newspaper he has no intention of joining.

And he said his anti-GPDA stance has only been reinforced in recent weeks following a couple of stoushes in the media about his driving tactics.

"GPDA stands for 'racing united'," said the Dutchman. "But when other drivers are criticising as much as they are in the media, I think 'Why would you join it?'

"You pay for it and nothing happens then what is the value? And do you really think they are going to listen to a boy of 17, with all of those egos?"
http://www.grandprix.com/ns/ns31348.html

Last edited:
and this wasn't shown on TV!

That may be why Kimi pitted for inters so early

Kimi spinning when applying throttle, now where have we seen that before... :think:

Every single race this year?

Saddens me to say, Kimi just doesn't adapt well to the whole new eco-formula with the hybrid electric torquey engines.
I always said if Vettel was to join Ferrari, Kimi should be the one to leave. As much as i LOVE the guy, he's just not the best for Ferrari right now.