2015 Euro Mondeo estate sighted in sweden

Perc

Very Odd Looking Vehicular Object
Car(s)
Passat Alltrack
So, I guess this is old news, but we over here in Europe is finally getting our version of the Fusion. It was supposed to be launched for 2013 but was delayed for one reason or another. Something to do with Ford's finances and the closing of some plant.

I don't care that it's a grey rep-mobile. I love this thing.

It's looks great!

Looks like the Mondeo/Fusion is going to fare better than the Mondeo/Contour world car project they tried back in the 90's.

delayed for one reason or another. Something to do with Ford's finances and the closing of some plant.
The Genk plant where the predecessor was/is still made is to be closed this year, and retooling the plant for the new model would be financial nonsense, so they kept making the old one.

On the car itself, I agree it looks great.

So I guess this angry looking very thin and very wide headlight thing is catching on huh...

I had to google and found the press shots from 2012. Man that is a slow launch :lol:

I hope they've added a dimmer to the display cluster (see own car reviews thread), holy mother that was bright

nya-ford-mondeo-2013-020.jpg

nya-ford-mondeo-2013-021.jpg

Note the reflections in the shiny plastic in top pic and the needle lit by a 5W LED in the second.

Bonus for ENGAGE
engage.jpg

Last edited:
Give us this in the US with a 7 seat option, please....

Give us this in the US with a 7 seat option, please....
I think you overestimate the size of the Mondeo, or you have really really small children... :p

I have a family and don't want a freaking SUV. Sell me this Ford!
Nah, Ford US is only allowed to sell you the Flex if you have a family, except if you live in Texas, in which case they're only allowed to sell you the Expedition or F150 (family can ride in bed).

Bring it here, make it AWD and give it a nice 6spd and I got my next wagon! Also a 250ish HP Ecoboost!

I think you overestimate the size of the Mondeo, or you have really really small children... :p

Volvo has been selling 7-seater estates for decades and the Mondeo is the same size as a V70. :dunno:

Nah, Ford US is only allowed to sell you the Flex if you have a family, except if you live in Texas, in which case they're only allowed to sell you the Expedition or F150 (family can ride in bed).

I don't want (or can't afford) a $40,000 Taurus tall wagon. I want a genuine wagon that I can buy at a reasonable $25,000.

Volvo has been selling 7-seater estates for decades and the Mondeo is the same size as a V70. :dunno:
Hmm, it turns out you're right, Volvo have sold 7-seaters (emphasis on have) but they have not been offered for the latest generation V70 and indeed are not offered at all now (see link). Ford have according to the British (they like Fords) never offered any official 7-seater for the Mondeo, so I don't think we should get our hopes up that they will start with this one.

You need a Tesla S to get rear facing jump seats these days it seems.

I don't want (or can't afford) a $40,000 Taurus tall wagon. I want a genuine wagon that I can buy at a reasonable $25,000.
Of course you do! The Mondeo is better. But this is about what Ford wants, not what you want. ;)

Last edited:
There has never been a 7-Seat Mondeo, that's correct.

Been waiting far, far too long for this. Delay after delay, and by the time it finally launches in Europe, surely the Fusion will be due a facelift? I can see the Mondeo being one step behind the Fusion now.

It's a nice car, but we should have had it years ago.

Aside from having seen those on the roads already (more sedans than wagons though), the first thing I noticed on the instruments was that its tuned to AFN The Eagle, which is oh so unlikely to be ever played in a Euro-Ford :D. Even I hardly ever listen to that, and if then mostly only for the lulz :D

Aww AFNE internet streams are not available in my location. It's obviously Obamas fault, he's denying me opportunity to listen to freedom! What do they play?