2015 Fiat 500, Fifties Timewarp Edition: Meet "Basil"

As you're a texan, I have to ask: how's the AC?

European manufacturers tend to skimp on these things, at least on cheaper cars. My AC is fine but I live in a country where +25C is considered hot.

I already talked to him about it?he was the one who advised that I get a daily driver.

A daily driver, yes. This thing that has problems being a parts shuttle, no.

If I ran all of my car buying decisions by him, I'd be walking for the rest of my life.

Not really. Ask Der Stig how my recommendation is working out for him, to name just one person. :p

So, for all those waiting, I hate to disappoint you but the below is not my reaction since I knew he was likely to buy this thing anyway:

This, however, is.

We shall see whether this continues to add to the fine record of failure for Italian vehicles in US FG members' hands.

Last edited:
As you're a texan, I have to ask: how's the AC?

European manufacturers tend to skimp on these things, at least on cheaper cars. My AC is fine but I live in a country where +25C is considered hot.

It works pretty well! It helps that the interior isn't pitch black like nearly ever car I've had, also.

- - - Updated - - -

We shall see whether this continues to add to the fine record of failure for Italian vehicles in US FG members' hands.

Yes, I'm sure you'll be gloating on the sidelines: "I told you so."

He used quote tags poorly

Unstable connection - I'm in a building under construction and people keep disconnecting the network here. I posted to save text and then continued - I just forgot to put an "edit in progress" tag on it.

Would I be assuming correctly, that your girlfriend was part of the decision making here? :D I mean, afterall.. "It's so cute!" :p

It works pretty well! It helps that the interior isn't pitch black like nearly ever car I've had, also.

I'd reserve judgement on that. Summer is over and you haven't had it here during said season.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes, I'm sure you'll be gloating on the sidelines: "I told you so."

Nope. I'll be either collecting on or seeing who won the betting pool on what and when.

This is the 1.4 Multiair, no turbo. 1957 Edition only comes on the Lounge trim, which is only that engine. No chip available for it, IIRC, but there is a Power Pedal that susharpens up throttle response. I think it's fine, anyway.

That sounds interesting.
We'll have to make some photoshoot inside the Cadi! :p

Fixed that for you.

Congrats!
If I didn't have a kid, I would have bought one a few years ago.

You know what they say about Fiat? "Fix Or Repair Daily."

Imagine if everyone drove boring soulless cars, che tristezza!!:shakefist::sad:

Imagine if Italy made even semi-reliable vehicles that weren't of foreign design! :p They might begin to own the motoring world! :mrgreen:

Reliable doesn't have to mean boring or soulless. The Mustang GT's a reasonably reliable car and it's anything but boring - especially if you slam the pedal on the right to the floor. :D

Last edited:
When are you buying this to match? :p

kitchenaid-artisan-stand-mixer-l-4dc0bd7e57061e83.jpg

Would I be assuming correctly, that your girlfriend was part of the decision making here? :D I mean, afterall.. "It's so cute!" :p

A cute car is a cute car, enough said.