2015 Fiat 500, Fifties Timewarp Edition: Meet "Basil"

Just put it in the trunk. It will look like a new kind of Jack in the box.

They will be comfortable in the 500 until it is removed.

Waits for Photoshoped pic.

Are these even legal in Texas?

Talking about bringing a peashooter to a bazooka fight.

I totally love it, btw.

Awesome! Much more original than a Mustang or silver Audi or any other boring choice! :)

Are these even legal in Texas?

Talking about bringing a peashooter to a bazooka fight.

I totally love it, btw.

Yeah, it's (non-Metallic?) Pea and not Antarctic Blue and there's no talk of the optional Rally Fun Pack.

They will be comfortable in the 500 until it is removed.

We had the Caddy at the Parrot Farm this evening. They had a Fiat 500 on the lot so I decided to give this a try. We were only able to put three trunk monkeys in the 500 before they started rebelling and flinging poo. What are we supposed to do with the fifteen remaining ones? :p

For those that don't know:

[video=youtube;JV-XEiUOjYE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JV-XEiUOjYE[/video]

Last edited:
I've become enamored with the idea of two things: [enumeration of seven things]
Sounds like you gave it enough thought. And it's not a bad choice, even though I personally don't like the 500 at all, and would even go as far as hating the colour and wheels.

Have fun, and I hope it serves you well. :)

I've become enamored with the idea of two things:

1. getting around a city in the smallest, most efficient manner possible, because driving in a city, any city, even a city as relatively small as Austin, sucks. Parallel parking sucks. Traffic sucks. Squeezing into a long chain of cars at a red light sucks. Dealing with a clutch sucks. Maximizing efficiencies doesn't suck?until autonomous cars come along, a pod car like this is the most efficient way to go run errands, pootle around at 35mph, save gas. To me, there's something worthwhile, potentially honorable in that.

Absolutely all the above!

Here, I ride the trains into the centre.

2. It's myself and my girlfriend at the moment?we don't even have any pets at the moment. Who needs a backseat? Who needs 5 more feet of wheelbase?
3. I plan to drive this into the ground.

4. This city is swimming in Fiat 500s, and I'm satisfied that I have possibly one of the coolest in town. I've only seen one or two other 1957 Editions around, and they've been in that cool pastel blue launch color, but this "pistachio" (Verde Chiaro) combination is even rarer.

I've not seen the 1957 edition here, but it does look quite good from the photos. I did see a yellow Arbarth yesterday, which I wasn't sure about. :unsure:

5. I love it.
6. It's not a Miata.
7. I don't give a shit.

:lol:

No. I don't want to abuse the leather by letting some greasy italian in there..

Seeing as you own a car for mobsters, I wouldn't be surprised if it already smells like marinara sauce in there. :p

- - - Updated - - -

You know what they say about Fiat? "Fix Or Repair Daily."

Damn, that interior is beautiful. I really like the pastel colors too, I wish they offered some of this stuff on the Abarth.

Congrats! Hope it treats you well! :)

Seeing as you own a car for mobsters, I wouldn't be surprised if it already smells like marinara sauce in there. :p

Neither would I, if the one single owner wan't some exemplary american navy admiral ;). The only other obvious kind of person that drives such a _boat_.

Reasons 5, 6, and 7 are reason enough to own it. Congrats man!

I love that leather. God. And the electronic gauge cluster are far better looking than the older one I encountered.

I learned that a 500 wouldn't work for me because I'm a picky bastard but damn.... That's a great looking car.

Last edited:
Bay-sil or bah-zil?

Interesting. I like the color and the interior. I'm curious how it would be in person. You should pop up here when Thomas comes around and we can all have a laugh test it out.